Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need to order new pads and the problem I ran into is i'm not sure if I have rebadged Cobra calipers or if they are GT ones. I heard a while back they are rebadged Cobra's but can't remember where. And i'd like to know before ordering brakes.

Hopefully the picture helps to tell. Was searching google and couldn't find crap on it. Any helps is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Those are cobras i believe. The gt calipers look nothing like that from the front.

On a seperate note, what brand rotors are those? They look amazing.

·
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are cobras i believe. The gt calipers look nothing like that from the front.

On a seperate note, what brand rotors are those? They look amazing.
+1 to cobra brakes. I just upgraded my GT ones and those roush look exactly like my cobras.

Also +1 to the rotors :drool
Thanks guys :yes now I can order them without worrying about it. And I believe the rotors are StopTech, but not positive. They were on the car when I got it. You've all been repped for the help, I appreciate the quick response.

And sorry to ask for more help but this means my rears are probably Cobra too?

I was under the impression that the upgraded rear brakes wouldn't clear a 15 inch drag wheel and mine runs them fine. So maybe I have just GT rears? Thanks again

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
those are cobra/mach. do some research because I think older cobras had slightly different calipers than 03/04

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks guys :yes now I can order them without worrying about it. And I believe the rotors are StopTech, but not positive. They were on the car when I got it. You've all been repped for the help, I appreciate the quick response.

And sorry to ask for more help but this means my rears are probably Cobra too?

I was under the impression that the upgraded rear brakes wouldn't clear a 15 inch drag wheel and mine runs them fine. So maybe I have just GT rears? Thanks again
Are the rear rotors vented? Cobras have vented rear rotors with thinner pads vs. GTs that are not vented (thinner rotors) with thicker pads.

·
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
those are cobra/mach. do some research because I think older cobras had slightly different calipers than 03/04
Research is the problem since it's not a very popular car. I couldn't find crap on it early, but am still looking.

Are the rear rotors vented? Cobras have vented rear rotors with thinner pads vs. GTs that are not vented (thinner rotors) with thicker pads.
Ah alright, they are probably regular GT then, the rear rotors aren't vented. Thanks man

·
Cletus Emmett Wheelwelker
2,575 Posts
Those are re-badged Cobra PBR calipers. They either have dual 38mm (96-98 Cobra style) or 40mm (99-04 Cobra/Mach 1/Bullitt style) pistons.

As for the rear, Cobra's/Mach 1's/Bullitt's have vented 11.65" rotors, while stock GT's/sixxers have non-vented 10.5" rotors.

You have Baer DecelaRotors on your car; I have the same ones on mine.

·
Registered
836 Posts

The calipers themselves are the same but the bracket above is correct and is probably stronger. Is is possible that one could install the larger axle bracket and used the GT floating bracket, but it does look to be GT rotors in the pic from what I can tell.

·
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those are re-badged Cobra PBR calipers. They either have dual 38mm (96-98 Cobra style) or 40mm (99-04 Cobra/Mach 1/Bullitt style) pistons.

As for the rear, Cobra's/Mach 1's/Bullitt's have vented 11.65" rotors, while stock GT's/sixxers have non-vented 10.5" rotors.

You have Baer DecelaRotors on your car; I have the same ones on mine.
Sweet, thanks man :yes Very helpful I appreciate it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts