Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i have a little money saved and im gonna go ahead and do my cam and intake( in a few months hopefully ill have the money for my heads). I just wanted to know if I needed anything specific besides the intake gasket. Do I need anything for the cam install? Just wanna make sure I have everything before I start...

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
intake gasket, thermostat gasket, valve cover gasket, timing chain gasket, oil and filter , coolant , change your oil when you finish the cam and intake swap, because no matter how careful you are taking the intake off you will spill a little coolant in the lifter valley and coolant doesn't lubricate very well , now's as good a time as any to put a new water pump on

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is nothing else that ill need besides the previously stated for the cam install?

·
Resident Headbanger
2,431 Posts
I have a different suggestion. Why not wait until you've saved enough money to buy a complete top end kit? When the time comes to install the top end kit, you're going to need other parts to complete the job (bigger injectors, water pump, harmonic balancer) but you'll only have to work on the engine once. You'll also use only one set of gaskets and save on labor costs (or your own time if you DIY).

·
Registered
386 Posts
I agree with bullitt. Save your money and do it all at once. I've been saving for almost a year now for my 347 build, just a few more months.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya...guess there are other little things i can do in the mean time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts