Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
window was working yesterday, tried to roll up the driver window today and nothing, its all the way down

I can hear a kind of clicking sound when i push the down button, but nothing with up

Passenger side works fine

bad motor? if so how hard are these to replace yourself?

thanks

·
Registered
655 Posts
Was it hot out where you are today? My window would not go down today after I got out of work. After about an hour in some shade, it worked again. These window motors are notorious for getting sticky when its warm out. When they cool off they start working again.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was it hot out where you are today? My window would not go down today after I got out of work. After about an hour in some shade, it worked again. These window motors are notorious for getting sticky when its warm out. When they cool off they start working again.
yeah it was pretty hot, ive had it in the garage now for a while, but still no luck

thinking either its the motor or regulator

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've also heard of people taking off the door panel and tapping the motor with a hammer. That might get it working if it doesn't on its own by the morning.

That's what i did, and it worked.

·
Registered
784 Posts
My truck did the same and so does my mustang occasionally, both fords of similar era.
Truck finally died and I took the motor out, and now I just push it up and down with my hand.
Mustang will probably fail completely soon as it doesn't work more often than it does.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
If it fails you can buy a motor/regulator from ebay for 40 bucks, and they are pretty good. Ive had mine for 2 years now. And its pretty easy to install.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just had a similar problem a few days ago, except my window was stuck in the up position. I tried the door slam trick, the hammer tap trick, the let it cool down and try again in the morning trick, nothing worked. I tested the switch by holding the switch down at night with my gauges on, and my gauges dimmed, so my switch was working. So, I was convinced it was the motor. Then it rained hard the next day and voila, it magically started working again. I have no idea what happened, since it rolled down and up fine after that and didn't sound like it had gotten stuck or anything

1 - 15 of 15 Posts