Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought and installed some SLP longtube headers/SLP catted x-pipe. i already have the SLP LM1's installed along with a JLT ram air intake. Should i get my car tuned or will it be fine like it is??

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
itll be fine..
you dont need a tune after every upgrade..
but some pppl suggest it to get the most out of each part

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet! thanks for the quick reply. so another question then? im looking at getting a accufab 70mm T/B plenum combo with a spacer to go along with the intake. will the MAF sensor be able to handle it or will i need to change it out also. i know if i get the MAF changed out i will have to get it tuned but i just want to make sure.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
the MAF will be fine also.. but i wouldnt go no bigger on the throttle body unless you go forced induction or if your spinning 8k rpms.. 70 is what i have on mine

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info. guess i will get to order that tomorrow then!! been really worried about if the car would be able to handle it, but i have been reading up on the forums (im new...really new) and good input throughout here. love this site!! wish i knew more about it a few years ago. would have helped me make up my mind about alot of things a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i just noticed you live in japan!!:eek:
honda headquaters!! GRRRRRRR!
but yea there is some good info on here.. just gotta know who to listen too and who not too..

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah....its ricer heaven over here!! totally hate it. been over here 2 years and have only seen 3 or 4 mustangs since. total let down, but my friend does have a new Saleen over here and it rules the streets!! just 5 more months and back to the states for me!! miss the US of A. ill be sure to do all my research through the forums here cuz i think my next upgrade is going to be gears so im doing my research now trying to decide between 4.10's or 3.73's. back to the bump'n'grind of learning the pros and cons of each.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
You might have some issues with the long tubes if the o2 sensor is further downstream that than the stock location so it takes longer to heat up or so I've heard.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
ive also heard of this.. but once it heats up theres no problem.. and are yuo planning on boosting or staying n/a.. thats how most ppl choose between the gears

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
well im gonna stay N/A for now so i know thats an issue for the gears. i have been reading and everyone says if you stay N/A then 4.10 is the way to go.
so what kind of problems are we talking about here?....i mean by heating up and what not! am i going to have to let my car heat up before i take off or ????? i got the 02 sensor extension kit with the LT headers and x-pipe, shouldnt that help out at all? or is that 02 ext kit just for the x-pipe?? i dont know how the install went cuz the car is back in the states right now and all the work is being done without me!! :''(

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
well im gonna stay N/A for now so i know thats an issue for the gears. i have been reading and everyone says if you stay N/A then 4.10 is the way to go.
so what kind of problems are we talking about here?....i mean by heating up and what not! am i going to have to let my car heat up before i take off or ????? i got the 02 sensor extension kit with the LT headers and x-pipe, shouldnt that help out at all? or is that 02 ext kit just for the x-pipe?? i dont know how the install went cuz the car is back in the states right now and all the work is being done without me!! :''(
I am running almost that exact same set up that your looking for and i have not problems with it at all i am running a 91 octane SCT tune thought but its not a custom one i adjusted what i could but its worth it, but not necessary for those installs its just helps to bring out the full potential for them by the way you will not be disappointed with the sound, quality or look of an SLP full exhaust:cool:
exhaust it sounds amazing everyone tells me it sounds mean as hell

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the info guys! God i love this website!! i think i have learned more about my car and what i want to do with it in the last week than i have the entire time i've had it. alot of quality info on here and some good people too!! :) i will make sure i get her tuned when i get back if i have problems with the L/T. im really iffy about a tuner but i know in the long run it will be beneficial too me. i have been looking at the SCT and really like the capabilities of it and im hoping i will be able to figure it all out in the long run. i have read its not that hard and relatively pretty simple. we will see.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dannyboy281! thanks for the heads up on the sound of the SLP full system. i loved the sound of the LM1's when i got them installed so i just decided to go all out and get the full system. i hope it will be money well spent....ive heard nothing but good things about them!!
question for you. on your accufab 70mm throttle body/plenum....did you get a spacer or is it worth it do you think??

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
dannyboy281! thanks for the heads up on the sound of the SLP full system. i loved the sound of the LM1's when i got them installed so i just decided to go all out and get the full system. i hope it will be money well spent....ive heard nothing but good things about them!!
question for you. on your accufab 70mm throttle body/plenum....did you get a spacer or is it worth it do you think??
i didn't bro im just running it normally i dont think you need a spacer plus it runs great how it is imo. And as for you money well spent its totally worth it going SLP all the way. Also it would be a better investment to spent that money that would go to a spacer on some Steeda UPD's or SLP UPD's or to another mod such as FI!!!! go KB haha hey everyone has to start some where but if you do decide to go FI the UPDS would be worthless just some food for thought

·
Registered
1,436 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
well you can also just turn off your back O2's with a programmer i have mine off on mine with my predator programmer since i hollowed my front cats and hacked off the back ones... or are we talking bout the fronts?
the front o2's are what give some (but not all) cars trouble with L/T's

·
Registered
812 Posts
i just bought and installed some SLP longtube headers/SLP catted x-pipe. i already have the SLP LM1's installed along with a JLT ram air intake. Should i get my car tuned or will it be fine like it is??
I too have SLP LT headers, catted Xpipe, and LM I, with a JLT intake. I have a intake manafold spacer as well and my Mach runs amazing, I do plan on getting it dyno tuned this spring tho to get the most out of the parts, cant let any ponys go to waste :p

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
well you can also just turn off your back O2's with a programmer i have mine off on mine with my predator programmer since i hollowed my front cats and hacked off the back ones... or are we talking bout the fronts?
How hard would it be to hollow out a set on a xpipe? I need them to LOOK legit for inspection.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I too have SLP LT headers, catted Xpipe, and LM I, with a JLT intake. I have a intake manafold spacer as well and my Mach runs amazing, I do plan on getting it dyno tuned this spring tho to get the most out of the parts, cant let any ponys go to waste :p
yeah i feel ya, i dont want any of those ponies go to waste after i get the T/B and plenum so im gonna get it tuned when i get back to the states. i hate being over here in Japan without my car.... just five more months and its back to my baby!! :)
So would it be worth the money to get me a handheld tuner or would it just benefit me once i throw the T/B+plenum on there to get custom tuned at a dyno? i figure if i take it to a performance shop and get it "one time" flash tuned with all the parts installed that would be the best deal then i could get it on the dyno in the process. any pointers??

1 - 20 of 36 Posts