Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm wanting to get a Bama tuner here soon for the 07 sgt, it already has a factory ford racing cai, will I net much of a gain from going with a jlt cai that comes in the package deal on am? I'd really rather just got the tuner for now, but will I be missing out on some power? Or is the ford racing cai good? A buddy told me to upgrade it but I'm wanting more opinions

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
i got that package deal on black friday from AM. the jlt series 3 cai and sct sf3 bama tuner. all for $554. it was black friday discounted then i used a dicount coupon code on top of that. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lucky haha

·
Registered
354 Posts
Isn't that basically a steeda CAI that came on the Shelby GT? Looks the same, maybe the pipe is different, but the filter and the shield assembly look the same

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i wouldn't change the cai since you already have one. no matter the brand you have you will find that money better spent on something else.

·
Registered
18 Posts
the JTL CAI have the best hp increase out of ALL other cai for mustangs percentage wise. But since you're going from a cold air intake to another cold air intake the gains will be smaller. I would suggest you getting the SCT BAMA tuner alone. Once you try 93 octane im sure you will be happy with your intake you have now! but it yoo $$

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a Bama tuner on my Mach 1 and the race tune really woke that car up, I'm just gonna get the tuner by itself then get Mac lt's

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
invest on the tunes, and get your self LCA ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I went from a K&N CAI to a 110 mm JLT and noticed a pretty big difference, on the butt dyno at least. I feel if a CAI doesnt flow enough air to throw your A/F ratio off enough to require a tune to run, it isn't worth buying.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
ding ding ding^

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I went from a K&N CAI to a 110 mm JLT and noticed a pretty big difference, on the butt dyno at least. I feel if a CAI doesnt flow enough air to throw your A/F ratio off enough to require a tune to run, it isn't worth buying.
Well yea. WHen you go from a CAI that isnt made to be used with a tune to one that has to be geared towards a tune your going to feel a difference.

His Ford Racing CAI is a 90mm maf i believe which is why the SGT cars came with a FR Tune......

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Well yea. WHen you go from a CAI that isnt made to be used with a tune to one that has to be geared towards a tune your going to feel a difference.

His Ford Racing CAI is a 90mm maf i believe which is why the SGT cars came with a FR Tune......
DING DING DING DING.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Hey guys, I'm wanting to get a Bama tuner here soon for the 07 sgt, it already has a factory ford racing cai, will I net much of a gain from going with a jlt cai that comes in the package deal on am? I'd really rather just got the tuner for now, but will I be missing out on some power? Or is the ford racing cai good? A buddy told me to upgrade it but I'm wanting more opinions
Chris97GT,

You can run just a Tune if you'd like to! Even on a bone stock Car, you'll still see some really impressive improvements from a Custom Bama Tune. However even the intake system that comes on the Shelby GT is a little bit restrictive, Mainly because of the ribbed tubing!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan

·
He who wipes so much.
1,465 Posts
The Ford racing CAI is a good intake, put the cash towards some thing else like a set of gears or a mid pipe.
+1

Get you some 3.73 Gears or 4.10s. You'll definitely be able to tell the difference!!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
+1, you won't notice much gain...the Ford Racing CAI is pretty damn good. I used it for a while before going to JLT and don't notice much difference

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright thanks guys, im just waiting on tax time and i'm gonna spoil myself a little bit!

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
Is the stock hose setup to it?? if it is you can add the tune and the steeda elbow. It does flow pretty well, but the elbow will improve the airflow and velocity. If you add mods down the line they will help you.

It is really up to you, the open element air filter and upgraded MAF is going to help you the most. Which you already have. A dyno air/fuel tune, a drive shaft and gears will wake the car up nice also...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys, I'm thinking I'm gonna do tuner and 4.10s at tax time

1 - 20 of 20 Posts