Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so, I'm thinking about buying the Mach 1 grille delete kit, but I was thinking can't I just take the grille in it now out and be fine or do I need the kit? I'm not really sure but if I can save money, I'm going to lol. But if not then I'll buy the delete kit.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I've heard it'll look like **** because there is a weird space between your bumper and the radiator

·
Jackpot, fishypoopypants!
1,986 Posts
The stock honeycomb grill screws into the bumper cover. If you take it out, there will be holes. Ugly holes. I saw a post on here somewhere of a guy that filled them in and painted them. It looked pretty good if you can do the work, so that's an option.

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The stock honeycomb grill screws into the bumper cover. If you take it out, there will be holes. Ugly holes. I saw a post on here somewhere of a guy that filled them in and painted them. It looked pretty good if you can do the work, so that's an option.
Couldnt I use plugs and paint them like people do when they take there wings off? If I can then I'll go to autozone and buy plugs to fill the holes and maybe even a few more because I may take my wing off this summer

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
get the 2 pcs kit instead of the 3 pcs and youll save 35 bucks thats what i have you just have to use the support from the stock grill and saves you 35 bucks.

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
get the 2 pcs kit instead of the 3 pcs and youll save 35 bucks thats what i have you just have to use the support from the stock grill and saves you 35 bucks.
Alright so basically I'm taking everything out except the support? Alright I think I'll do that. I might order it tonight and put it on the day I get it.

·
Jackpot, fishypoopypants!
1,986 Posts
Couldnt I use plugs and paint them like people do when they take there wings off? If I can then I'll go to autozone and buy plugs to fill the holes and maybe even a few more because I may take my wing off this summer
I don't really know what plugs you're talking about, but I'm sure anything that can fill the hole and be sanded, primed, and painted should work. Flexible is better, for the bumper, because it will flex and expand with conditions.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
if you buy the 2 piece kit you will still end up buying the 3rd piece,it looks like **** without it.i made the mistake and got the 2 piece,then i ended up buying the 3rd piece about 2 weeks later

·
Registered
575 Posts
If you have the money get the kit. It is worth it. Mine looks like **** without the delete kit but looks better than the stock grille IMO.

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Screw it I'll buy the kit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts