Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I made the mistake of ordering a lemans stripe kit of a random graphic website, first mistake. I then took them to a local graphic installer here in town. He claimed that he had experience doing stripes, just not on a Mustang, second mistake. Well, needless to say, they didnt turn out good at all. The installer had good intentions, he washed my car prior to doing them, but yet some how he still managed to put numerous small scratches in my paint, along with one grousome scratch right down the center of the roof. I guess he had such a tough time with vinyl sticking in place, he had to squeegie it alot, leaving scratches on the paint closest to the stripes. I was literally sick to my stomach. Well, you live and you learn. So with that being said, I am now going to have my stripes painted on,(like I should have done in the first place). So, who thinks their design is the best? I am thinking that I will have black stripes about 12" with a 1/8" red pin bordering the stripes inside and outside edges. My car is alloy paint so I think the red will set them off!! Also the stripes will go from front lower chin to the rear pan. I want to see if there might be something I havent thought of yet that will look better. So if you think yours is better, please post a picture for me. Now that this novel is complete, and you actually took the time to read it all, Im eager to see what yall come up with. Thanks again.:yes

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
That sucks. Make the guy pay to have em buffed out. Personally I like tungsten grey stripes on alloy.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that would look good, I almost want to just have them ghosted on.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Nice pics! Thanks.
Thanks, and no problem. :)

Wow Zip, I always thought they were painted. They look friggin good man!!
Thanks Mike. :)

But they are a mess when you see them up close. They have been redone once, and are rapidly chipping and fading already. Fortunately my dealer agreed to pay 1/2 the cost of painting them on. I just have to convince the paint shop to paint the side stripes on for a decent price. The price tag was just for the main stripes. When I asked him how much it would cost to do that, he said "We'll see...we'd have to make up templates for that and blahblah blah blah blah." lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
I would get Silver Stripes!! I think thats what im going to get! Silver with black lines on the side instead of red

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the link, doesnt have my base color, but I get the idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts