Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a chin spoiler from AM I got the spoiler in and it looked like total ****. Not only did it look terrible, but it was damaged. I called AM to return it and in their return policy it states that they will only pay for stuff if it was the wrong item or if it was damaged. Well if you read correctly it was DAMAGED. They still refused to pay for shipping. I am very dissapointed in this company and will not be buying anything else from them again. I have talked to other people on the forum and they have had problems with AM recently as well. AM does not treat their customers with respect. They are all in it for the money and dont care about the consumer. They also do not support their products they just sell it to you and when something is wrong they just run away from you and act like nothing is wrong. AM is a chicken **** company and needs to make major chainges if they want to ever earn my business again.

·
KCCO
14,878 Posts
sucks what happened to you brah. but one person out of a thousand (and plenty of dealings with them on my part in the last year) isn't going to make me stop. now if it turns out like rpmoutlet, then maybe.

again, sorry to hear about your misfortunes.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have gotten some stuff from them in the past and they were high quality, but from talking to other people on the forum, AM has not been doing as well as they use to.

·
Registered
543 Posts
1st of of all you made no mention of the chin spoiler being damaged in your PM to me. You stated:
supercharged03gt said:
Hey Nick I purchased a mach 1 chin spoiler from you guys and when I got it in the spoiler is made from this cheap plastic material. I know people that have gotten the spoiler from you guys in the past and it was the OEM style. I dont know why you guys carry this now, but I am returning it. I have my return number, but when they told me I had to pay for shipping I wasnt too happy. I should not be responsible for this because I did not want this cheap spoiler. You guys also have pictures of customers cars with the REAL spoiler on your web site. This is false advertisement. If you are going to be selling a new brand of chin spoiler you need to take off the pictures of the old one. It is very deciving. Please help me out with this.
I responded to you with:
AMNick said:
As far as I knew, we were still selling the OEM chin spoilers. I will have to look into this and get back to you. Thank you for letting me know about this.
I am trying to help you out with this in a professional manor, which is how I conduct all of my business. You can ask anyone who has had past dealings with us that we will take care of any defective or damaged product. If a product is damaged in shipping, we even cross-ship on our dime a replacement to minimize replacement time.

As far as I know, we still sell the OEM Mach1 spoilers as we have always sold. Like I said above and in my PM, I will look into this, and I will take care of you.

Thanks,

Nick

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
1st of of all you made no mention of the chin spoiler being damaged in your PM to me. You stated:

I responded to you with:

I am trying to help you out with this in a professional manor, which is how I conduct all of my business. You can ask anyone who has had past dealings with us that we will take care of any defective or damaged product. If a product is damaged in shipping, we even cross-ship on our dime a replacement to minimize replacement time.

As far as I know, we still sell the OEM Mach1 spoilers as we have always sold. Like I said above and in my PM, I will look into this, and I will take care of you.

Thanks,

Nick
Thats Quality IMHO...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I agree, I think they are a great company, and I have appreciated all of their help and their fast and free shipping. All of their prices are great.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, although it sounds like it will be solved asap.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have had great service with them in the past, but It made me mad when I tried to return it. The guy was very rude to me. Thats what made me so mad about the whole situation. I was very polite to him I guess he was just having a bad day. If you would like to see the damage I can send you a picture. It has a dent on the right side of it and on the left it has a big swirl in the finish.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Augh...that would suck. I hope it gets resolved for you. Nice lookin' car by the way. What chin spoiler do you have on there now?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey AMNick sorry for being a dick about this. I was just blowing off steam. You have helped me out a lot. It was just the one person that I talked to that made me mad. I might not even need to return it because I might have found a buyer for the spoiler. Thanks 98muscletang. The spoiler i have on the car now is the OEM spoiler off the mach 1. It just had some scratches on it so I was getting a new one.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
Hey AMNick sorry for being a dick about this. I was just blowing off steam. You have helped me out a lot. It was just the one person that I talked to that made me mad. I might not even need to return it because I might have found a buyer for the spoiler. Thanks 98muscletang. The spoiler i have on the car now is the OEM spoiler off the mach 1. It just had some scratches on it so I was getting a new one.
bad place to blow it off... call your grandma or something... but don't be a dick to a vendor... its like being a dick to a waiter... bad idea, unless you like consuming spit ...

best of luck in getting this figured out ...

AM Rules :rockon

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hey AMNick sorry for being a dick about this. I was just blowing off steam. You have helped me out a lot. It was just the one person that I talked to that made me mad. I might not even need to return it because I might have found a buyer for the spoiler.
Thats OK...I am sorry you had a bad experience with that particular rep, I do not know who you talked to, so I don't know his side of the story, maybe he was just having a bad day as you said...but that was still no excuse for him to be rude to you.

But one thing to note about us is that a large majority of the people that work here are not just employees...but fellow Mustang owners and car enthusiasts! (Including myself...1993 GT) So we will feel your pain in situations like these, and we will do our very best to work out any problems with you.

I am PM'ing you my email address if you would like to send the pictures of the damage.

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
543 Posts
I looked into the Chin Spoilers and I found out that we did recently have a project running to improve the quality of the OEM style chin spoilers to address several issues that Ford did not consider on the original product. We recently tested several new materials to manufacture them out of to improve over the quality of the OEM style products on the market.

Notes On the New Chin Spoilers:
  1. The new spoilers are twice as thick as the original material for added strength and long term durability.
  2. The new material returns to its natural shape exponentially faster than the old material after being rolled up for shipping. *When shipping a chin spoiler, we roll them up to save on shipping to you so they do not have to go freight, or we have the option to ship them unrolled freight at a cost of $30. Usually most people go with the rolling up option, because the chin spoilers return to their natural shape after leaving them out for a day or so. When testing the spoilers made out of several different materials, they were actually left rolled up for several months! The new material we selected returns to its natural shape much quicker then the original material used in the OEM style, and is also much less prone to stress damage from severe bending.
  3. The new material's finish is much better suited for painting for people that want to paint it to match their body color.
  4. Except for the thickness, the new spoilers retain the same shape and dimensions of the original OEM spoiler for the MACH1 look.
A lot of thought was put into making them better, not cheaper. The new spoilers actually cost more to manufacture then the old spoilers. The finish on the spoilers we sell now is going to look different than the ones we sold in the past and the other spoilers currently on the market. We do stand behind our product as being a superior product, but if anyone is unhappy with the look of the new finish, please contact me via PM and I will arrange for us to take take it back.

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats interesting that they made the change. And once again sorry for going off on you Nick

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
bad place to blow it off... call your grandma or something... but don't be a dick to a vendor... its like being a dick to a waiter... bad idea, unless you like consuming spit ...

best of luck in getting this figured out ...

AM Rules :rockon

LOL I agree with the waiter thing totally .. Great way to put it! And I have had some great experiences with AM also, i have that same chin spoiler, fine with me. Hope it all works out dude.

·
Registered
512 Posts
lol i just bought like 3800 dollars worth of parts from am the last couple months from iraq so they are waiting when i get home and nick has been very helpful..by far the only place ill ever order from...

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
I order from AM ALL the time! 90% of my stuff comes from AM and I NEVER had a problem with them at all! plus the 6% off for us is Verry nice in times!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I order from AM is also and I've never had a problem with them and think they are one of the best companies out there by far. I will continue ordering from them in the future.. AM RULES!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.