Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
... Trying to do a quick shift and it get's "stuck". Like you have to wait for the rpms to drop a tad before you can enter the gear.... Time for a new Quadrant Cable. Also mind as well get a short throw shifter. I've had a crap load of expreience with shifters and that what happens. OR if your mustang would let you. You could pull the clutch pedal towards you by using your top foot and pulling it towards you until it can't go anymore, then very very slowly push the clutch pedal in until you hit the floor with ever so slight force. You shoud hear clicks in the process.

When you hit the floor slowly let off the clutch until your foot let's off the pedal. You should be good to go but that only means that it's almost time for a new cable and mind as well by an aftermarket adjustable one and treat yourself to a fidanza short throw while you're at it. I've done it on my 88 GT a couple times and it helps in a way.... Nice color on your stang too dude.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
The springs inside the shifter can go bad, there are 2 of then inside the shifter, one to return to neutral fron 1&2,and one for 5&r.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
The springs inside the shifter can go bad, there are 2 of then inside the shifter, one to return to neutral fron 1&2,and one for 5&r.
I was thinking of a ciggy and totally forgot to mention about the damn spring in the shifter... SO to add on to that in my deepest opinion, I would go ahead and reserve yourself a purchase for a Fidanza short throw shifter and BBK adjustable quadrant cable. That should take care of all your shifting needs.

Now time for my cig :smoke

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
im pretty sure thats gonna be something in the tranny

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
if u need it rebuilt let me know i know a guy :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
he knows himself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts