Do you do your own mods?

• I've left it stock.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious how many do thier own mods and how many people pay to have them done?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
i try them and if i cant i take them to a shop

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
I do all my work on my car. My parents wouldnt let me do my clutch though, so they paid for the install. And the rear gears I had installed but will be doing my self soon.

Anything int he motor department, I will tackle. Infact just about anything.

·
eeeee!
7,204 Posts
I dont do them by myself, I get my b.f or dad to lead the way.

I changed the timing belt in my honda almost completely by myself. with my b.f overseeing it . I felt pretty proud of myself. I have a scar on my hand to remember it by. (I hurt myself and I cried) lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I changed the timing belt in my honda almost completely by myself. with my b.f overseeing it . I felt pretty proud of myself. I have a scar on my hand to remember it by. (I hurt myself and I cried) lol
Sweet!! a hot chick that loves cars, doesn't mind getting dirty, and a scar too boot! :D

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
All my own, (Tho its not much). I like doing my own work to my own car.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OOPS! maybe I should have posted this in the general tech forum!

·
Registered
922 Posts
I do em all........for myself and others

·
Registered
3,368 Posts

lol. i know your pain.. my first job when i started at a mechanics shop was the timing belt on a honda and all i was used to workin on were my stangs... so i now hate hondas. ha

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
i do mine when i have time. some stuff is just to effecient for me to pay to have it done vs. me doing it. my time is worth just as much as the guy working on it. so if he can get something done in 3 hours when it will take me 4-5 hours i dont really have ill just pay the person and be done with it. but i get sick of being jacked around. ive yet to find someone i would let touch a critical part on my car. ive had it to 3-4 dealershits and they all have failed except 1.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Ive done all my mods except fot the gears...

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I do all my mods and repairs,everything,It will never go to a shop.the only thing I had done was a frontend align that I could have done but don't have the equipment
i think if you have that equipment your either jay leno or own a shop:D

1 - 20 of 76 Posts