Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like buy some lowering springs right now and future is on3 ff kit. Would like to keep my springs I buy up front if I can, just wondering if you have to go with a coilover setup?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
yes you will need the UPR tubular k member, a arms, and coil overs for the on3 kit. this is because you need clearance for all the turbo piping and the stock stuff takes up too much space.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Coil overs are a necessity as just stated. If it's going to be awhile before you get the On3 kit then just lower it the way you want to now. Lowering springs are somewhat inexpensive and fairly easy to change.

Reactions: bodyshot

·
Registered
309 Posts
im not 100 percent sure, but i think you can just put a k member on, but you have to modify the back of the stock arms to make them work with the tubular k. i think it would provide the clearence for the piping but like i said, im not too sure, i dont have one....yet

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I have the On3 kit and the UPR k frame w/A arms and coil overs sitting in my corner waiting to be installed right now. Just waiting for mother Nature to turn the heat back up.

You will need all 3 parts.

Tubular K frame
Tubular A arms
Coil overs

There's no way around it with the On3 kit.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry i didnt state it in the original post, I did know I needed the K frame, but what gets in the way? You can get tubular A arms that still use spring/shock combo. Im just wondering why the pipe would extend out so far thay cant be used.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
The stock spring sits on the inside of the A-arms. The coil overs move the spring to the outside, on top of the strut. The room created by removing the stock spring provides room to run the piping for the turbo kit.

Look at how the pipe runs through the inside of the A-arms. Coil overs are a MUST.

·
Registered
950 Posts
The stock spring sits on the inside of the A-arms. The coil overs move the spring to the outside, on top of the strut. The room created by removing the stock spring provides room to run the piping for the turbo kit.

Look at how the pipe runs through the inside of the A-arms. Coil overs are a MUST.
Nice!! Is there a option to run the waste gate exhaust back into the pipes?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Wow.... is that the ff kit?
Yes that's the FF kit.

Nice!! Is there a option to run the waste gate exhaust back into the pipes?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide.Com Free App

They mention that there is on the website iirc. I haven't done anything with my kit yet so I'm not positive.

·
Registered
611 Posts
do you have to run tubular k member, a arms and coilovers with the sn95 5.0s too? or is it just the 2v?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I don't know about the 5.0's. Chad is a member on Corral, you can try asking on there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts