Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have long tubes, catted x-pipe and Flowmaster axle backs. I am not sure it sounds right. I can't explain it exactly but it just doesn't have that Mustang sound. It's almost like I can't hear the exhaust unless I get on it. Have any of you guys had a similar experience with Flowmasters?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I have my stock headers with an o/r x pipe and flowmaster 40 series. Sound pretty good but kind of tinie at WOT

sent from my shitty phone

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm.. The problem is the axle backs were on the car when I got it and I don't know what series they are. It just sounds kind of quiet and then drones at certain rpm's.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
I have AT's with LT's and an H-pipe. I've run them with and without cats. They sound pretty good catless, and a little too mellow with the cats. I never liked chambered mufflers with an X-pipe. The other issue is that we have no pipe after the mufflers. Hard to get that old school sound with no pipe.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Which series flowmaster do you have? 10, 40, 44, 50, original, delta flow, etc?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Flowmasters sound like dog **** on 3v's, go with corsa, borla, ford racing. You wont regret it
I have Flowmaster Hushpowers on my GT they are a stinger style just like the Corsa, Borla, or Ford racing style mufflers they don't sound like the old school 40 series chambered Flowmasters

·
Registered
60 Posts
Are your mufflers welded in or do they look like they were made for your car? You should be able to find some numbers on the muffler. If they are made for your car, typically they will be one of these two.

The model 17410 or 817410 (SS) are more rounded. Moderate sound

The model 817460 seems a little more squared/boxy. Aggressive sound.

If they are welded in custom muffler shop specials, you will have to look for a number on the case of the muffler.

·
Project Roush underway
313 Posts
my flowmasters were on the car when i bought them, they are the American Thunder ones and they sound great!!! I get alot of compliments on the sound.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hmm.. The problem is the axle backs were on the car when I got it and I don't know what series they are. It just sounds kind of quiet and then drones at certain rpm's.
Flowmasters will give you the drone. The 60 series aren't too bad. The 40 series can be mind numbing. Gears will get you out of that cruising range that causes the drone. I have Corsa's with no drone, but I still like the sound of Flowmasters.

·
Registered
60 Posts
60 series, Mac headers and Prochamber.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Pypes with side exhaust, pretty quiet at idle but if you get anywhere past half throttle its beyond loud but not annoying loud either even with a vert. Mine is a mix between the these two because the whistle of the Centrifugal, but since I have a twin screw you dont hear that. So the idle sounds the same as the GT500 but the takeoff sounds as same as the GT, and I dont understand why the first video wont imbed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QJDXMWi67x4

·
Registered
60 Posts
The link I posted wasn't mine. I have a convertible. I used to have Flowmasters on it but now have Corsa's.

·
Registered
322 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts