Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal. I have a Roush super charger on my 07 4.6 GT, I put on the kit from Stage3motor sports that has a 2.57 pulley good for about 7-8lbs boost, a Steeda cold air intake, and a 90mm mass air housing and they made me a tune for it. The car runs great but I keep throwing codes for bank 1 to lean and system to lean. I was told I didn't need new injectors. Could this be an issue with the tune or do I in fact need bigger injectors?:confused:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep stock pump and injectors. Did add the HT0 plugs as suggested for a colder heat range. Also If I had to get new injectors probably have to go with a new pump to? Any added upgrades needed fuel rails, fuel lines?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep stock pump and injectors. Did add the HT0 plugs as suggested for a colder heat range. Also If I had to get new injectors probably have to go with a new pump to? Any added upgrades needed fuel rails, fuel lines?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. don't know what size the stock ones are but some one said to get 60lb ones and another person said 47lb at an 85% duty cycle. Is it realy nesesary to change the fuel pump or will it handle the bigger injectors? Also any ideas on a god place to buy the injectors from?

·
Registered
789 Posts
You will need a stronger fuel pump for the power your making. And like said before, get a dyno tune after. Correct me if I'm wrong but the tune could be to blame as well. Unless the tune assumes you have an upgraded fuel pump

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
All you really need is 39lb. injectors and if you want to get away on the cheap side for now get a boost-a-pump.

Just to let you know ahead of time the boost-a-pump is pretty much just a bandaid to help you out, the better alternitive would be the GT500 duel fuel pumps, But they are pricey.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok cool. yeah don't have a lot to play around with but satge3motor sports kinda pisses me off after I told them every thing was stock fuel and they said that fine then even says on their web site for the kit uses stock fuel system!

·
Registered
929 Posts
You can use it but it has to run at a higher duty cycle. It isn't ideal but do able. And a "BAP" is a piggy back system. It isn't a new fuel system it just ups the duty cycle of the current stock pump, which is good till about 450-500HP. Then you'd be pushing it and want to go to the GT500.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok. So here's the deal. I saw 47lb injectors and a gt500 fuel pump on american muscle along with the bama tunes. Do you think this will work for my current set up running the 8-9 lbs boost or should I get the high flow fuel rails too?rails

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
All you really need is 39lb. injectors and if you want to get away on the cheap side for now get a boost-a-pump.

Just to let you know ahead of time the boost-a-pump is pretty much just a bandaid to help you out, the better alternitive would be the GT500 duel fuel pumps, But they are pricey.
Explain to me how a boost a pump is a "bandaid"? It works fine for me and countless others.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
Were did you buy your Boos a pump from if you don't mind me asking.
I just bought mine from the shop that did my tune. I bought a used saleen extreme pump that has a fried pump. I plan on eventually fixing the pump and buying another bap. I got the 40 instead if the 20. Paid $250 I think. Didn't care at the time, just wanted the car back.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Data log your injector duty cycle. If they are not maxed out and you're running lean, you have a tune issue.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Explain to me how a boost a pump is a "bandaid"? It works fine for me and countless others.

You've been around the forums long enough to know by now, all your doing with the boost-a-pump is overworking the stock pump. if you want to do it the right way the duel pump setup is the way to go.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts