Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2001 v6 will need 8.8s
because soon i will be getting my 4.10 gears and a t-lok. and maybe in the future make my car a lot faster.
should i buy an 8.8? how much would that cost?
and installation cause i probably cant do that

·
Banned
808 Posts
my 2001 v6 will need 8.8s
because soon i will be getting my 4.10 gears and a t-lok. and maybe in the future make my car a lot faster.
should i buy an 8.8? how much would that cost?
and installation cause i probably cant do that
what other mods are done to your car
the 8.8 you wont need until your pushing some serious power like around 290-300,.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
For an 8.8 of your year you could find one used for probably $300-$350 maybe cheaper. And I bet you could install it yourself its not 2 tough.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i will probably never go turbo or anything but maybe a nitrous 75 shot. but that wouldnt break the 7.5?

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
30+rwhp rwtq look into the 8.8 with moser 31 splines. otherwise, the 7.5" will hold up fine. if you run slicks or have a stick and drop from 4-5k rpms, you may want the 8.8 for added security though.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
if your gonna get an 8.8 wait on the gears they wont work with the 8.8

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
30+rwhp rwtq look into the 8.8 with moser 31 splines. otherwise, the 7.5" will hold up fine. if you run slicks or have a stick and drop from 4-5k rpms, you may want the 8.8 for added security though.
so we all need it?
:lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
well before i crashed my baby i did a 5K drop clutch with sticky tires on a 7.5
its not stock it had duals a CAI and a comp tune at the time and 180K on rear end
dont know the exact hp
but the rear end held great

clutch might be ****ed though

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
you ran bolt ons on slicks with th 7.5 ... what was your lowest time and did the 7.5 give out?? wasn't it like mid to low 14s with your 7.5 doing just fine?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts