Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
agreed, its hard to get a 4000 lb pile of crap rolling even when you got a literal shitload of horsepower pushing it, ill stick with my ford.. sorry but i hate almost anything chrystler... I'm a hater

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
agreed, its hard to get a 4000 lb pile of crap rolling even when you got a literal shitload of horsepower pushing it, ill stick with my ford.. sorry but i hate almost anything chrystler... I'm a hater
So I'm assuming you've never heard of a skyline gtr 3850lbs goes around corners just fine, with some electronic goodies ��. The suspension on the LX cars are really good, I can take corners just as fast if not faster with my rt magnum with srt8 suspension than my mustang with an IRS.....and shot bushings, still!. They would be absolute animals if they were on a smaller platform, but one think I like about the lx cars is they are very roomy and comfortable at 6'2" I'm cramped in the mustang. But I love em both, IMHO as long as its an American car which Chrysler barely are its good in my book Murica!

·
Dirt Dives Me Crazy
1,197 Posts
They look good but Id rather have and SRT 8 than that. Id rather make the car look the way I want it instead of dodge customizing it for me. Kudos for them coming out with factory upgrades though.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Lets not lie here. The Challenger is a beautiful Machine! One of the most comfortable, and best looking interior and exterior muscle cars to date.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just feel bad for Mopar car enthusiasts. There's not really much out there for performance parts like there are for Ford Mustangs. It's a step in the right direction, but yes, they do need to lighten up the car a lot.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Lets not lie here. The Challenger is a beautiful Machine! One of the most comfortable, and best looking interior and exterior muscle cars to date.
I agree. There not many better looking cars than a blacked out Challenger IMO. I drove the six cylinder as a loaner when I had a car in the shop. I absolutely loved it.

·
The Dude Abides
1,471 Posts
That all sounds good until you see the pricing on these packages. These cars are notoriously difficult to tune as well, because they don't even use a MAF! These cars are essentially shitty speed density fuel injection! Welcome to the 1980s Mopar guys, do you want a cassette deck with your Challenger! I'm sure Mopar's tuning is all fine and dandy but they are going to stick it to you for sure.

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
I just feel bad for Mopar car enthusiasts. There's not really much out there for performance parts like there are for Ford Mustangs. It's a step in the right direction, but yes, they do need to lighten up the car a lot.
There's actually quite a lot performance wise, you can get all the same power adders Or make an N/A beast, long tube headers are much easier to install than on the newer mustangs. The only department they lack on compared to the mustang is suspension, I think AJE is the only company that makes a k member and until recently they were all autos.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

That all sounds good until you see the pricing on these packages. These cars are notoriously difficult to tune as well, because they don't even use a MAF! These cars are essentially shitty speed density fuel injection! Welcome to the 1980s Mopar guys, do you want a cassette deck with your Challenger! I'm sure Mopar's tuning is all fine and dandy but they are going to stick it to you for sure.
if you have the right tuner shouldn't be a big deal. Both systems have their pros and cons like everything else.

MAF
Pros
-Typically more forgiving and easier to tune

-If the MAF sensor has been calibrated typically fueling remains consistent as modifications change. It can be said that the MAF equipped cars are a little more forgiving to new modifications

-Since the MAF sensor measures air mass directly it can be said that a MAF equipped car might stay in calibration as the engine wears or in extreme environment changes (however this is not normally a concern for well tuned speed density applications).

Cons
-Sensitive to changes to the intake plumbing

-Can be fouled by becoming dirty. Once fouled MAF calibration is skewed

-Sensitive to cam reversion on large cammed cars. The MAF sensor isn't directional so air pulsing back and forth can affect repeatability and reliability.

-Limits on performance. Most systems can not read at higher horsepower levels.

Speed Density

Pros
-Less restriction in the intake tract

-More freedom in the intake tract

-Able to measure air consumption on very high horsepower builds where a MAF sensor might be limited.

-Able to read boost if equipped with a greater than 1 Bar map sensor

-Free from errors encountered in MAF fouling.

-Works better with large cams where reversion affects reliability.

Cons
-Is a little more difficult to tune

-Relies on a well tuned Volumetric Efficiency Table

-Less forgiving to new modifications to the engine

-Might have errors in large weather changes however a proper tune makes this minimal if any error.

Hel I've seen some systems that use both MAF and speed density together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts