Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
shouldnt be much different than the headunit in the mach 460.

just pop out the dash around the ac vents and take a 1/4 in (i think) nutdriver and take out the 2 nuts. it should slide right out

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do I pop out the dash?? I have a haynes manual will it tell me how to remove the dash in the manual

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
take a flat tip screw driver andgo alongthe edges. its gonna freak you out when it pops, but thats ok.

just go around the edges and pop them up. startfrom the top and work yoru way down.

also make sure you pop the shifter console up. its ontop of the dash

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
i can have pics tomorrow. its too dark right now.

Ill show you everything with the pics, but im not ognna take it out

Ill show you where and how to take it all out though

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
first, you take off your shifter knob. then pop off the plastic shifter bezel. you reach under the plastic with your finger or pry it with a screwdriver and it will pop off. once it pops off, you remove your cigarette lighter plug which pops out. then you take off your main bezel. start from the bottom right and pull lightly. it should pop, then go to the bottom left side. after you get the bottom to pop off slide your fingers up and pull lightly as you slide your fingers up the inside. it should pop out of place. now once you have that out of the way, take a 1/4 inch nut driver and remove the 4 bolts that hold the head unit in place.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
you dont have to take the entire shifter console thing out. all you have to do is loosen it up and just slide the dash out from under it. its not hard at all man and it saves a good 10-15 minutes

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
yeah, you can do it without taking the shifter bezel out, but it only takes me about 30 seconds to pop it off. it makes it easier to fit my fingers behind the other bezel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts