Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to have a custom tune done for my gt, i have 4.10's with aluminum driveshaft, pullies, bbk shorties, bbk xpipe, magnaflow magnapacks, 80mm c&l stock injectors, short intake, aluminum flywheel, and stage 2 clutch. ALSO does anyone kno how to change the tire setting on the diablosport... kinda confusing...., i have 245-45-17 in front and 275-40-17

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
why a skinner profile in the rear

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
why a skinner profile in the rear
what do you mean why a skinnier profile in the rear, those 275/40's are going to have more sidewall than 245/45's.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
they're not going to be a WHOLE lot more sidewall than a 245/45/17 though, its really not going to make a difference, if anything, you factory speedo with factory tires reads slightly high, and it will help even it out.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
the higher the number the beefer or thicker the sidewall isnt it

trucks run 75s and there alot thicker sidewall then my 45

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
amazon does everything, and theres no doubt that there the ****. i dunno why you would think they only do 05-06, they do more 99-04 than anything else. the front page is littered with 03/04 cobra's.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im definetly not under estimating your reply because its helping me out a bunch im just making sure, because all over the site its talking about cobra's and 05/06 gts, im gonna give them a call monday and see what they can do for me, thanks for your help, you definetly sold me on the site :)

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
the higher the number the beefer or thicker the sidewall isnt it

trucks run 75s and there alot thicker sidewall then my 45
no, the second number is the sidewall profile. fo instance a 275/40/17 would be.

275MM tread width
40 mean the sidewall height is 40% of the treat width which would be 102.8 MM then that X 2 = 205.6 converted to inches it is 8.094 + 17" rim = 25.094" tall tire.

that is approxamate, tire comapnies differ

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i know the second number is the sidewall height, i know what each number on the tire means

but wouldnt a 45 be a thicker sidewall then a 40

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
i know the second number is the sidewall height, i know what each number on the tire means

but wouldnt a 45 be a thicker sidewall then a 40
then obviously you dont know.

on a 245 width tire, yes a 45 would be taller than a 45, but the sidewall profile doesnt go liek that, its the percentage of the width of the tire, so every with is different.

on a 245MM with a 45 with tire the sidewall height is 110MM, on a 315 a 45 sidewall would be 141MM.

the second number isnt the sidewall height, its the ratio.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
well i can assure you that i know what each of the numbers on the sidewall mean on a tire, god forbid i dont know the crazy calculations and such

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
well i can assure you that i know what each of the numbers on the sidewall mean on a tire, god forbid i dont know the crazy calculations and such
well the calculations are the numbers...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts