Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Other (and please state why)

Votes: 16 25.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
So I'm curious, is there some lack of desire for Flowmaster systems on the new 5.0? I feel like they were/are VERY popular with the previous generations but nobody will give them the time of day now. Everyone I talk to has jumped on the GT500 muffler or Roush muffler bandwagon. Just looking for some insight here, and maybe I can target a different group.

·
Registered
577 Posts
A lot of posts with bad drone.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
The Hushpowers actually sound pretty good, but I already have my Bassani catback.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have never heard them in person. If you search around there are a lot of posts in which they say the hush power has really bad drone compared to all the others on the market. I loved the sound clips but will never go back to the angry helicopter sound following me on a 10 hour drive.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never heard them in person. If you search around there are a lot of posts in which they say the hush power has really bad drone compared to all the others on the market. I loved the sound clips but will never go back to the angry helicopter sound following me on a 10 hour drive.
I tried searching around for that, and nobody seems to actually have experience. The ones with experience have used the chambered mufflers, like the American Thunders. Everyone that talks about Hushpower drone says that they have "read it somewhere." I guess that's enough to turn people off though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i love my hush powers... the drone isn't as bad as people say... i barely hear it... people are just being whiney

·
Registered
577 Posts
It's good to know if it doesn't. I really liked the sound.
How much were you asking and what is it?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have the Hushpower axle backs and I love them. I love the sound. The only time I experience any "drone" is when I'm cruising in 6th gear, under 2k rpms or so and give it a little bit of gas, say if I'm going over a hill. If I'm just straight cruising though, I never hear it.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I had Flows with an offroad x on my '02. I liked it alot, but the drone is so annoying at times.

Currently, I have an offroad X with Borla Stingers on the '11. No drone and sounds pretty mean. I don't know why so many people are going with the Roush and GT500 axle backs honestly.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Bassani for me. Just like the way it sounds. I like Borla too but there just to expensive. Flowmaster is a good brand/sound but I just think for this car others sound better.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
274 Posts
I read somewhere that borla produced or designed the roush axle back? I personally love the roush, but I also love the exterior sound of a chambered flowmaster. I just can't handle the drone. The setup I have now is ungodly loud, but still zero drone. I think keeping the stock resonator helps a lot, I think all cat backs delete the resonator.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
By the way did you mean "Does anybody like Flowmasters?" or "Does no one like Flowmasters?" I could change the title for you if you made an error..

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I love them! They were cheap too! I'm still confused as to what drone is though. I always though the car roaring down the highway was desireable. Maybe I'm from a different generation of car guys though.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts