Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if having your c/c off will change your mpg? When I lowered my car with just springs, I had my alignment done, and it is still off. I kind of think my mileage is worse then normal...

help??

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
i have cc plates and my alignment is still off too. You shouldnt get worse mpg unless its just your wheels are cocked something awfull. My tires just wear funny. Im giong to have to order the bump steer kit.

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
Toe will have a more significant impact on mileage than camber or caster. What MPG are you averaging? What have you done to improve it (tune up, replace O2's, clean MAF, etc.)?

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Im with Tang, toe is the only thing that should affect milage. Negative caster could affect MPG but lowerin the car should actually increase the positive caster. Too much camber will decrease tire contact with the road, tilting the wheel in or out and should increase MPG with less friction surface.

·
Registered
105 Posts
don't mean to be jackin your thread powa, but while on this topic... i just ordered H&R super sports and was wondering if i should or need to order cc plates? if so which is the best buy cause AM has some in their may sale :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts