Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my wideband air/fuel kit in today. This may just be a dumb question. lol but better safe then sorry.. The bung has a smaller ridge on one side then the other. just barely not much smaller at all. Does it matter which side is welded? just curious. cause the instructions doesn't really say. I would assume the side that doesnt have the ridge is the side u want to weld against the pipe. Thanks. I will have all 4 of my new gauges installed within the week.. I will be sure to post a pic of inside the car once im finished.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this isn't the wideband kit I have. mine is digital.. but the bung looks the same.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That gauge would barely move. Why would it sweep to 20
lol, that isn't my gauge.. I just used that pic to reference the bung.. My gauge is digital

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Are your rear O2s off? If so you could use one of those bungs.

If not people use the driver's side at a 3 or 9 o'clock position. So it doesnt get wet, and because its easier to get too.

I would do it after the first O2 sensor, so it doesnt interfere with the O2 sensors reading. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe the side that has the ridge goes into the exhaust tube, it’ll prevent the bung from being moved around while being welded
ahhh.. i didnt think of that.. that does make sense tho.. thanks

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
I would put it as close to the header as possible. I put it on the collector for my long tubes at about the 10 oclock position. I would put it at 10 or 2 oclock position if I were you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts