Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to tell if my car has cams? I don't know much about cams (obviously) but I've heard that they can give your car that old school muscle car sound. My exhaust sounds like this, "bub, bub, bub, bub" when idling and the car rocks a little bit. I bought the car used and am still trying to figure out what mods it has (I've owned it for 2 years and am still discovering things). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
unless you have some small cams like maybe a stage one...the whole car will shake noticeably at idle...

why not just listen to a car with the same setup (on youtube)

or your best bet...just upload a video

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry for the terrible video quality. its a flip video camera which apparently doesn't do too well in low light. not sure if this is enough evidence since the sound is crappy as well. you can sort of hear what im talking about in the first video when i lean in to open the throttle, right before i actually rev it. i'll try again this weekend, hopefully with a better camera.

ps - the wife is mad at me because i did this in the garage and even with the garage door open the house still stinks like exhaust now :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
now those are some cams lol, makes me want them. sorry to say speedracer but you only have stock. +1 HMUSN you made me laugh.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
haha, wow, that video clip you uploaded clears that right up for me. my car sounds NOTHING like that :) thanks for the feedback.
yeah but apparently that car just has the vacuum lines unhooked...to make it sound cammed...if the comments and his video info is correct.

regardless your car still doesn't have aftermarket cams. still doesn't sound like this

[ame=http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o205/mrbigjeep/?action=view&current=idle.flv]
[/ame]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.