Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 302 and i am rebuilding it (yes i have rebuilt engines before) and i am planning on dropping it in my 02 with a 5 speed and either an 8.8 rear or a 9 inch rear.
i understand that i will probably have to get custom made engine mounts but is there anything i am forgetting about besides mounts and the chip in the key/ignition that i have to worry about?

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I'm pretty sure you won't need custom motor mounts - you should be able to just use '94-'95 mounts.

Not sure what you'll do for a tranny, I don't believe that a smallblock will bolt to the 3650 (or the T-45, for that matter), and I think the input shaft is different.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
^+1 you'll need to do some fabrication to make it all work i suggest you make friends with your local machine shop not sure what transmission you will use for you build but if thats the route your going best of luck to you

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would i not be able to use the tranny from that year of mustang and adjust the motor and driveshaft size till it fits right?or do i need to contact a machine shop?

·
Registered
210 Posts
i dont think the tranny will fit im swaping my 4.6 to a carbd windsor motor and mine wouldnt swap but they do make adapter bell housings.. ull want to run 94-95 k member im runnin coilover susp also .. tranny mount will b made i decided to run c4. with mine should be done by spring

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so you got tranny mounts made? how much did that run you? and do you have a link to the bell housing?

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
what i sugguest u do is just look for parts that would fit a 94-95 mustang (trans, mounts, etc) since they came with 302s stock

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I think you'll need a different K-member for the SBF. I know they sell different ones for the 94-95.

·
Registered
210 Posts
tranny mounts were made but i think i agree with HBK that tranny mounts from 94-95 should work.. im no expert tho.. i cant find the cite the adapters were on but google best bet. i know that they sell tremec trannys as well thats wat i was looking for before i went with c4

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
94 - 95's will be your best bet. Find one of those and start yanking parts. lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im not saying you dont know what your talking about mustangmatt but are you sure the t-5 wont need new mounts besides 94-95 mounts?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
also with exhaust, can i just use headers for the 302, and h pipe and then do i run cat backs for the model/year i have?

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
im not saying you dont know what your talking about mustangmatt but are you sure the t-5 wont need new mounts besides 94-95 mounts?

should not have any issues... pretty sure the 94-95 crossmember is the same as the 96-04 crossmember... so you would just need a trans mount to sit on your existing crossmember...

and for the exhaust, you would use 94-95 headers, and H pipe and probably cat back too... but the hangers for everything would be in different places, so you might have to secure it differently... I am not positive on that though, because I dont have exhaust on my car... Some time soon I will be getting some though, so I can possibly street drive my car a little bit...

My PM box is always open as well as my email for questions...

[email protected]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks, and ill probably contact you at some point, thanks again

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
ya matts the traitor, i mean expert when it comes to swaping a pushrod motor into a sn95

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha nice but i like pushrods better, its what i like working on better

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
haha nice but i like pushrods better, its what i like working on better
to each his own. i like working on tractors....all kinds of room to do **** on them lol

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
since your asking about exhaust, that would tend to mean your gonna drive it on the street, have you thought about problems with emission's testing, now or in the future?

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
PA emissions testing is gay lol My '02 woulda had a nasty blown SBF for less than what I have wrapped up just in the blower for the mod motor lol I cant wait to get my new ride tested tomorrow ('84 merc grand marquis...winter beater! :D haha) Im sure it'l pass but I wanna make it so it wont lol....nice aluminum top end with a nice lumpy cam, 650 demon, headers, and no cats would wake it up but that wont happen :( lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts