Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I found some 4v heads on a Lincoln continental at a local bone yard and I was wondering what I need off the 4v motor and what will swap from my 2v like the timing cover, fuel rails etc.

I was gonna snag the heads and intake so I wasn't sure what else I needed off the car.

Lincoln continentals are fwd in case anyone didn't know.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
You would be better off getting the whole motor. The amount of work it would take to swap the stuff on your 2V wouldn't be worth it to me. IMO it would be helluva lot easier to do the whole motor

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
I agree, just pull the whole motor, plus the Teksid block is almost indestructible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
will it be different since its a fwd car....its a 97 if that matters

basicaly will it be a direct swap if I change the headers and motor mounts? what about electical connectors like iac and maf? and would the ecu need tuning?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Yes it would have to be tuned.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Yes it will be different. You can't use a fwd 4.6 4v in a rear wheel drive car. You're transmission won't bolt up. Different bolt pattern.
O yeah ^this too :lol

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
i could have sworn you couldnt use the fwd motors due to the fact that it wont match up due to different bellhousings or something....

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
^ Thats what we're saying mang! :)

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
if thats the case then how do people swap over those mark VIII motors? or am i just being crazy again?

·
Banned
3,246 Posts
im in the middle of doing this engine swap right now. And its kicking my ass lol But its gonna be worth it hehe I should be done this next weekend after a month omg...

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
if thats the case then how do people swap over those mark VIII motors? or am i just being crazy again?

the Mark VIII's are RWD and have the same bell housing pattern as a Mustang. that motor would be about as 'drop-in' as it gets. i have had my car swapped for over a year now and am very happy with how it turned out.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Whats the HP and torque difference going with a mark VIII motor?

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
i could have sworn you couldnt use the fwd motors due to the fact that it wont match up due to different bellhousings or something....
Technically true. But you can still use them. Seeing as Ford didn't feel like creating a whole new block, it's extremely similar to the RWD versions. I can't say for certain, but I had read that the bosses are there for the trans mount, but they have to be drilled and tapped. This is no easy feat. Also I believe the oil cooler is different, and so are the motor mounts. It's completely achievable to use, but probably not worth the time and effort compared to a MKVIII.

·
Registered
187 Posts
use a Mark Viii motor. direct bolt in with headers/cobra manifolds and a cobra intake or use a 98 mark viii intake

1 - 19 of 19 Posts