Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a red dome light and some LED licence plate lights. Looked on ebay, but not exactly sure of which ones to purchase?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Anyone know where I can get a red dome light and some LED licence plate lights. Looked on ebay, but not exactly sure of which ones to purchase?
at autozone i got a blue dome light thing. its got like 12 leds combined into one sqaure then a cord to plug into a thing the size of the light bulb. just check some auto part stores. as for the back liscense plate it would take some wiring work, but i have used these as well. they are bright and work great!

Alpena/28 in. red colorful LED light (77016) | LED Exterior Accessories | AutoZone.com

and always diconnect battery before any of this! i was working on it once and i blew my interior lighting fuse because i tested my lights but forgot to disconnect again and blew it. so yeah. if you want me to post pics of the led light i can do that too. in fact. i will in a bit.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
i got one of those at Advance Auto...i'm also going to be putting the same ones under my hood so that when when i pop the hood i can see better at night

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yea I also have the same one and its more than enough light
Everyone always tells me to turn off the Sun.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i got one of those at Advance Auto...i'm also going to be putting the same ones under my hood so that when when i pop the hood i can see better at night
i LOVE that idea. totally going to steal that. put in a switch and all that jazz. just gotta figure out how they will stay attached to the hood when closing it. haha love the idea though! totally doing that when i get some extra dough

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
i LOVE that idea. totally going to steal that. put in a switch and all that jazz. just gotta figure out how they will stay attached to the hood when closing it. haha love the idea though! totally doing that when i get some extra dough

Wal*Mart sells this tape for $4.47 and I use it a lot
To mount HID ballast, LEDs in my trunk and thinking of doing the
Under hood LED lights but been too lazy to wire up the switch.

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Pictures of the dome light?? Im looking for some more ambient lighting in my car aswell.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Wal*Mart sells this tape for $4.47 and I use it a lot
To mount HID ballast, LEDs in my trunk and thinking of doing the
Under hood LED lights but been too lazy to wire up the switch.
oh nice! good deal. ill probably put some engine area lights in sometime soon. a switch aint too difficult to wire up bud. if you need any help ive done lots of wiring with my vehicle.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
You can get the blue bulbs that are direct replacements instead of that.
yeah like the man below you said its best to get led's. last longer and they are brighter. even though a bulb would last forever too. i personally prefer the ambient light of an led. i have a blue led dome light in the pictures, and man is it bright at night. i have switches to turn it off as well as my footwell lights that are wired into the dome light power area. anyways back on topic. its really personal choice. but i recommend led's

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
yeah like the man below you said its best to get led's. last longer and they are brighter. even though a bulb would last forever too. i personally prefer the ambient light of an led. i have a blue led dome light in the pictures, and man is it bright at night. i have switches to turn it off as well as my footwell lights that are wired into the dome light power area. anyways back on topic. its really personal choice. but i recommend led's
The replacement is an LED, but it goes in just like the regular bulb.

This wasn't the same place I got mine, but it looks just like those.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Blue-42mm-212-2-214-2-8-LED-Bulbs-Car-Dome-Lights-L25-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aMustangQQhashZitem1c15475521QQitemZ120616080673QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Don't get this kind though... I've had this for a while.... Not bright at all...

578 6 led bulb.

For the license plate lights... DON'T get this kind...VVV

NOT BRIGHT ENOUGH.

For the dome light.... I think the autozone one is really good.

For the license plate lights.... I find this one the best when it comes to light output.VVV

1 - 20 of 26 Posts