Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it was fun @JohnC @Eagle2000GT @Novanutcase et al if y'all have figured out how to get back into the forum

This new format is not worth the hassle so I'm out

Just FYI, all of these posts and threads can now be shared on various social media sites and found via search engines by anyone. I would recommend leaving as well as it's entirely possible to farm and share posts by bots from here on out. If you care about trying to maintain some semblance of anonymity and privacy, I wouldn't continue posting in here. Unfortunately, all the old stuff has been converted to the new system as well so all of that **** can be shared and searched.

With reverse image searching based on posts on other parts of the forum, people can probably pretty easily identify you. Of course that was always an issue with members, but now it's any shmuck that comes to the forum, member or not.

Also, the chances of a company like Autoguide NOT selling your personal information/opinions to third parties is basically zero. So just keep all that in mind.

Best of luck.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I'm starting to learn where everything is located. Sorry to see you're leaving. I enjoyed our discussions.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm starting to learn where everything is located. Sorry to see you're leaving. I enjoyed our discussions.
Just FYI, I'm generally fine with format changes. But I took solace when I first started posting in here that this section was hidden from non-members and search engines. Now it's wide open to both as well as allowing anyone to easily share posts/threads to all other social media platforms.

It was originally a thin layer of privacy, but it was still nice to have and now that it's gone, it has crossed my comfort threshold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts