Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what other cars have the PI heads/intake besides the mustangs? i know the ford explorer and lincoln towncar has the 4.6 but do they have the pi heads/intake in 99+ models?

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump.....

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well im looking for 2v PI heads/intake and a aluminium block

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cuz i already have a car and cant afford another one. my dad thinks he wants a 4.6 for his 57 fairlane (i think a 302 would be a better choice but its his car) and if i can find an aluminum block and a set of PI heads&intake, ill just sell him mine and build a new motor for my gt

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
cuz i already have a car and cant afford another one. my dad thinks he wants a 4.6 for his 57 fairlane (i think a 302 would be a better choice but its his car) and if i can find an aluminum block and a set of PI heads&intake, ill just sell him mine and build a new motor for my gt
Be glad it's not getting a 350/350 or LSX swap.

The reason I suggested the Cobra was just the expense of the aluminum block. Near as I know the aluminum 4.6 blocks were always under 4v heads. It just seems that by the time you track down the Al block and PI heads, you could've taken that same amount of money, sold your car, and bought something that's better than that.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not really looking to go 4v. i think it would be too much of a pain in the arss unless i happen to find a 96-98 cobra in the junk yard. in which case i might consider it

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i already plan on TT. i want a new block so i can still run my car while a build a motor to go past 450hp since that seems to be the limit of the stock internals

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
if you want TT and a new block a 4v will be your friend.. you can see over 800 rwhp on a twins set up on a 4v

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol, sweet but i think 600 will be all i can handle at this point. i have an auto and idk if it can handle 800. i will keep it in mind tho. wasnt there a sticky on here about how to convert to 4v?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
yea somewhere .. no point it that though if your replacing the block too.
might as well drop a 4v complete in her.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well from what ive read, the only 4.6s with aluminum blocks are 4v so ill prolly go that route

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i doubt ill find a 03-04 cobra, isnt the 96-98 cobra blocks aluminum?

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what year was that block? did they use it in anything other than the cobra? i think i read the mark 8s had an aluminum 4v

1 - 20 of 24 Posts