Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My God the whine! I bought my motive gears and had them installed and has a teriable whine. Three diffrent shops and still the same anoying whine! Every shop said don't buy motive. I AGREE 100%! At 3.73 now so here I come Ford Racing 4.10's!:D

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
That is sad that Ford Racing doesn't drop Motive like a hot potato.

·
Registered
789 Posts
That is the general consensus here... alot of t falls on the install too. My frpp aren't the motive ones and I have backlash. Shitty install.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
When you buy FRPP's and the part number includes an M, you'll know you just bought the same thing...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had been debating between the 3.90 and FRPP 4.10 and pulled the trigger on the FRPP 4.10 yesterday.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just bought some 3.73s that came in a Ford Racing box, PN didn't have a M or A.
Can you tell from the gear itself who made it?

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
They are even posting this in that link Katfish gave:

Please Note:
All sets are genuine Ford Racing gears except Part Numbers RP09 and M4209G410.
The M4209G410 gearset is sold by Ford Racing but manufactured by Motive Gear.
The M4209G410A gears are genuine Ford Racing.
Either gearset will work but some people prefer one brand over the other. The common belief is that the Motive gears may be a little "louder" than the Ford Racing due to a harder compound and different machining process.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
i must be the luckiest bastard in the world because i had motive 4.10s on my last stang and no whine. my current stang has motive 4.10s and no whine either. The guy that installed both sets is pretty much a badass, so that might have something to do with it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Anyone have an idea if the whine will eventually go away? I just had my 3.73s put in three weeks ago and SAME THING. This thing whines like my wife watching the NY Rangers loosing their playoff games.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts