Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have about 500$, i was looking at maybe headers or an electric water pump. i originally was going to get msd coils but after reading a little bit i've heard that they aren't worth it. also, what about an intake manifold, i already have a 75 TB and plenum. any ideas?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so long tubes or shorty's? whats the difference? well actually right now i cut off the cats, the original H pipe is on there, and flowmasters

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o ok. well the problem is my car is and automatic, so i guess i can't get the BBK's right?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea those are cool. do you have to get a mid pipe when you get LT headers?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
you can get shorty headers... but they dont make near as much power.. and headers are a pain in the ass to change out so 90% of people just get the longtube headers.. they make mid length headers, but u will still need a diffrent mid pipe... and if you go O/R dont forget mil eliminators and o2 sensor extentions

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
intake manifold will not give you but minimal gains. lt's and mid pipe are always a great mod. i would invest into some jets and spray more than a 50 shot too.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm.... ok well it looks like i'm gonna get long tubes with a mid pipe. now i just got to find one that will fit an auto

·
Registered
468 Posts
I made the mistake of going with cheap Mac long tube headers, they even had the ceramic coating, and now im paying for it by having rusty headers showing under the hood and underneath the car...If I were to do it over again I would have saved up for some Kooks

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i have no troubles out of my mac's, and highly recommend them. mac's do work for an auto, but i dont think their prochamber does. i would call to find out what mid pipe would have to be used.

·
Registered
468 Posts
There's no doubt they are good headers, but the salt from the roads during winter time destroyed them

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok, so i'm looking at an x pipe right? or an H pipe? or does it matter lol

·
Registered
468 Posts
H-Pipe=more old school muscle sound & X=more exotic and raspy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts