Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
2003 Sonic Money Pit
262 Posts
Ouch! Ya, that only reaffirms my current belief in what you just said. What magic did your brother perform to do that massive **** up

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couldn't have been doing anymore than 15-20 mph from what he said. Was leaving a residential area and making a turn onto a main road. He punched it, spun it around and ended up in someone's yard with the car laying on the drivers side door.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow that sucks.
Insurance going to cover it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it won't be covered by insurance. Just picked up a 97 5 speed and will be switching over whatever parts I can.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He managed to take out a couple electrical boxes and smash a fence but came out without scratch.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Yes I only have liability. Wish I did have full coverage. Car was becoming more of a car to just have fun with. I was only driving the car once maybe twice a week.

·
better than clockWise
20,483 Posts
My insurance covers me and my wife. If someone else drives the car, its not their problem.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

That said, your brothers insurance should cover him wrecking your car. He was at fault in your car.

·
2003 Sonic Money Pit
262 Posts
Couldn't have been doing anymore than 15-20 mph from what he said. Was leaving a residential area and making a turn onto a main road. He punched it, spun it around and ended up in someone's yard with the car laying on the drivers side door.
And that is exactly why every time my brother asks me if he can drive my car with this twisted little grin on his face I respond with "**** that ****". Because I know what he is gonna do. He is gonna be going "15-20 mph" then punch it.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts

Sucks to see and hear that. Is your brother okay? What kind of ride is your bro use to driving in imo these things are kind of known for sliding a bit if you get on it coming off a turn I even use to play around quite often doing it with street tires on. Don't know your brothers age or insurance situation but see if his insurance will cover it.

I kinda know the feeling bc my ex wife wrecked one of my vehicles, my gf after that did and my wife wrecked one of my vehicles a couple of years ago. It was never my Stang or my primary ride though. i try to avoid letting others drive them just like I don't care too much to drive other ppl's cars when they offer. Gl with that next ride.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Yikes! Good thing he's ok because now he can go ahead and fix up that slightly damaged mustang he just bought from you! Gotta love your family. **** happens. Don't hate him. I can only assume he didn't do it to make your life miserable. Be glad he didn't get hurt real bad or run someone over ....could've been a lot worse. When my wife got hit by some asshole doing an illegal uturn ....and then fled the scene leaving her there, she was scared to call me and let me know. The fact that she felt that way made me feel like ****. It's just a car.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts