The Dude Abides
1,471 Posts
For Sale New Edge Mustang GT *ROLLER*

Sorry, my bad, couldn't resist.

Good luck with the swap to an SN-95.

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
everyone is wrecking there cars this week. I was about to say that that could be fixed but then realized the roof is caved. Sorry about that! at least you have a second car to take the parts too

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Atleast hes ok and no one else was involved, thats what matters most. But that still hurts. He owes you BIG!

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
My insurance covers me and my wife. If someone else drives the car, its not their problem.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

That said, your brothers insurance should cover him wrecking your car. He was at fault in your car.
Insurance follows the car not the driver. I can let anyone who is licensed drive my car and be covered under my insurance policy.

I probably get 2-3 calls a year about a customers car being wrecked by a friend or neighbor. Insurance pays out, what they do afterwards is up to the insurance company, whether they just leave it be or go after the driver via subrogation.

·
Registered
975 Posts
that's why if I ever get a car paid off again im going to stick with full coverage(4 more years again). after the incident with my '99 im not going liability again. paid my '99 v6 off and 3 months later switched to liability only and had an accident where I lost traction in a corner and found a mailbox post made from a 4"x4" concrete post. car was still blue booking at $3800. It needed about $3k in work and the bank wouldn't loan me it.

GL on switching what parts you can. you can always find ways to have fun in cars but don't hold it over your bro's head. you know how many times my dad has done something to one of mine or ive messed up the '69 mach1. you fix it and move on.

·
Registered
83 Posts
that's why if I ever get a car paid off again im going to stick with full coverage(4 more years again). after the incident with my '99 im not going liability again. paid my '99 v6 off and 3 months later switched to liability only and had an accident where I lost traction in a corner and found a mailbox post made from a 4"x4" concrete post. car was still blue booking at $3800. It needed about $3k in work and the bank wouldn't loan me it.

GL on switching what parts you can. you can always find ways to have fun in cars but don't hold it over your bro's head. you know how many times my dad has done something to one of mine or ive messed up the '69 mach1. you fix it and move on.

I didn't talk to my sister for a year. After a while I realized it was just a car not worth losing family over.

·
Chicken ****er
2,633 Posts
I have full coverage on all my vehicles and I've got pinks for all of them. **** happens and it's real nice to have a check to help buy the next car.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts