Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they tear your car up like everyone says?? I know the tires are done but, the car itself??

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I've done my fair share and haven't broke anything...yet... But think bout it.f your a manual doing a burnout...your wearing your clutch up...and your rear brakes and disc's for auto and manual...and donuts are hard on axle bearings diff bearings and races....and you front end alignment from locking it over...nothing real bad but it does put it out of tune

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
definitely isnt doing any good but you can get away with it.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
i fried my rear break pads doing burnouts, but nothing too serious

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I was at a car show last summer and a kid was doing a monster burnout with his new edge. The tire blew and it completely shredded the back part of the passenger quarter panel and ripped the bumper right off... It looked like the kid was about to cry, puke, and pass out all at the same time when he saw his back end

·
Registered
2018 Mustang GT Manual
1,595 Posts
I was at a car show last summer and a kid was doing a monster burnout with his new edge. The tire blew and it completely shredded the back part of the passenger quarter panel and ripped the bumper right off... It looked like the kid was about to cry, puke, and pass out all at the same time when he saw his back end
I can't stand it when people break their car and then freak out about it. Why risk it if your not going to like the possible results?

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
i lol'd

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Burnouts eat up tires, and breaks if you are mashing down on them, just a little on the pads in the diff and clutch maybe. I'd worry more about the motor if you want to just bounce rev for 30 seconds.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Bad for your car? Never!

This is why, if you look at page 51, section 13, in your owner's manual, you will read the following:

"At least twice a year, ensure tire inflation by coming to a complete stop, engage in a forward gear abruptly by means of "dropping" the clutch, or in an automatic, "neutral bombing." Immediately after doing one of these two things, stand on the brake pedal while holding the accelerator pedal to the floor. When smoke appears from the rear tires, wait for any amount of time deemed necessary to ensure that a) tires are inflated properly and b) there is enough tread on the tires to cause smoke.

Tires that do not smoke, or do not spin under this condition, should be deemed unserviceable and should be replaced. Check also the differential clutch packs, and clutch if this occurs."

It says it in mine. You must have that special edition 2001 Mustang GT, Hudge.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
lol does it seriousley say that? you gotta be playing.... thats crazy...im tempted to go check and see if your just bullshitting the op...lol

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
says the same thing in my manual

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
dude thats crazy... i wander if mine does? haha... if it does now i have an excuse to light'em up lmao

·
2,189 Posts
Sounds like I may need to take a pic of my manual...

Oh, man, this is going to be too much fun...

·
2,189 Posts
BTW, I just thought of something- feeding your car donuts is probably a bad idea.

So, yes, donuts are bad for the car. They will make the car overweight and give it cavities. Stay away from the Krispy Kreme.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
neutral bombing is bad

1 - 20 of 53 Posts