Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where i can get new door handles for the interior? i guess im trying to say the part where you grab the door to close it (the part that has the window switches in it). both sides (driver and pass.) have one of the tabs broken so it always moves when i close my doors lol. annoying. i'd like to find ones that arent cheap plastic. I'd need ones that would work for all my window switches (i have a vert, 4 windows).

·
Registered
224 Posts
anyone know where i can get new door handles for the interior? i guess im trying to say the part where you grab the door to close it (the part that has the window switches in it). both sides (driver and pass.) have one of the tabs broken so it always moves when i close my doors lol. annoying. i'd like to find ones that arent cheap plastic. I'd need ones that would work for all my window switches (i have a vert, 4 windows).
I'm just curious on how you broke them?
I was rough on mine for awhile messing with my speakers left to right.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they were broken when i bought the car, something that i needed to replace. besides, they have some scratches on them. Im not looking to replace the entire door panel, just the inserts where you grab the door to close it. besides, they also make a squeaking noise too. plastic on plastic rub.

·
Registered
224 Posts
they were broken when i bought the car, something that i needed to replace. besides, they have some scratches on them. Im not looking to replace the entire door panel, just the inserts where you grab the door to close it. besides, they also make a squeaking noise too. plastic on plastic rub.
Have you tried E-Bay and/or salavage/wrecking/toy yards? Not sure what they call them there.

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I love to help, everyone needs a hand.
Nice sig is that your car tinkerbell

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
looks GRRRRRRReat!!!!!

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
lol that was just to let u know what they are do your own digging after that i got the hole interior out of a 94 for 120 local salvage yard,then painted it. now getting seats gt steering wheel and new carpet

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
lol that was just to let u know what they are do your own digging after that i got the hole interior out of a 94 for 120 local salvage yard,then painted it. now getting seats gt steering wheel and new carpet

They didn't have the steering wheel? I was at a yard today and they had a grey interior car. It had the wheel still but the airbag was popped. If you want I can go back and get it for you. I just got a tan one there today, it came to $11.67. You gotta love junkyards man.

·
Registered
89 Posts
L O L ! if i get a divorce junkyards will be my next love... its funny fill at home there. thank you for the jester, but iam getting a airbag delete kit for a gt grant thick black wheel and having the seats redone to match the white color, that i painted the bottom of dash.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Those door handle inserts are available from TousleyFordparts.com
http://tousleyfordparts.com/partloc...tang&year=1995&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

Call them and ask for Steve in the parts department; their price is 25% over their cost for Ford parts so it will end up being a lot cheaper than LRS even after shipping is added.
Your other option is Ebay where an aftermarket company producing these parts recently popped up. They run about $25 shipped each.
Word of caution though; the 94-98 cars have a rubberized coating/finish to the door pull parts. This exact part is no longer available new from Ford or any aftermarket company unless someone pops up on ebay with an NOS part for sale. The only ones available now are the service replacement parts that were originally installed on the 99-04 cars. These are just a slightly textured bare plastic with no rubberized coating feel to them. Also, the shade of black is just slightly lighter than the original 94-98 black color.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts