Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, new member here. I drive a 94 GT.

To make a long story short, driveway didnt get plowed this AM, got stuck.
backing up with door open, and door got caught on a mattress someone propped up on the side of the building :mad:

So, now the door wont shut right...I sprung the hinges, and theres a pop when i open the door. When trying to shut, it has to be lifted to shut properly otherwise it just hits the latch on the pillar...

repairable? or should i just junk this thing now?
any info would be great. thanks guys

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sense the sarcasm there lol, but at least you replied.

But seriously, if the hinges haven't separated from where they're mounted, I should be able to bend them back with a block of wood or a socket don't ya think? Or should I just let a bodyshop handle it? The door has a definite sag now, would that be a hinge pin or something?

·
The Big Spoon
3,214 Posts
there is a write up on how to replace the hinge pins. Gotta cut em in the middle and pound em out. you can do one pin at a time without taking the door off of the car. use a floor jack to support the door at the back side of the door. tape the fwd part of the door and the rear part of the front fende as to not scrape the paint. i did it on my car and it isn't that bad of a job. i used a dermel with a cut off wheel to do it. you should be able to get the hinge pin kit from the "help" aisle at your local parts store. if they don't have them look at a site like 50resto.com (late model restoration). I will try to find the write up and post it later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts