Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up im new to the site i was wondering if anybody knows a good material to make door panels out of i was thinking of mdf board and then fiberglassing it or sheet metal let me know what u think

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
What's wrong with the factory door panels?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
i assume your doing this for drag racing? if so sheet metal and maybe paint it flat black
If drag racing is what he's doing then MDF isn't the best to use, its pretty heavy and it also dissolves when it gets wet. I wouldn't use that unless you were going to pamper the car and keep it away from the elements.

I would use something strong and light like luan (no idea if I spelled that right) or even a plastic like lexan or plexi. You could use sheet metal, but it might be a little tougher to make look good.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
u can use masonite then wrap it with material

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
how do you run 10.53 at 106 in the quarter?b/c there is no way you could ever run that slow at 106 in the 1/8

so quit bluffin youve been caught

1fast5.0

1994 mustang gt
[email protected]

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
how do you run 10.53 at 106 in the quarter?b/c there is no way you could ever run that slow at 106 in the 1/8

so quit bluffin youve been caught

1fast5.0

1994 mustang gt
[email protected]

maybe an 11.53 would be plausible with slicks

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does anyone have any door panels that are in good condition and i want to fiberglass the doors after making them i want something that looks nice but light also i have a mach sound system rear box and wing for a 94 to 98 for sale will send pics if u want either and that was on the street and i estimated on the length i timed myself thru but im goin to the strip in a month after i get my axles and ill let u know

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
does anyone have any door panels that are in good condition and i want to fiberglass the doors after making them i want something that looks nice but light also i have a mach sound system rear box and wing for a 94 to 98 for sale will send pics if u want either and that was on the street and i estimated on the length i timed myself thru but im goin to the strip in a month after i get my axles and ill let u know

haha you estimated wrongly :pimp

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
If you give me a running start I can do the quarter mile in about 6 seconds

1 - 20 of 37 Posts