Modded Mustang Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Well I figured it out and yes it makes all the sense in the world. The back attachment to the factory 3 piece window attachment should be attached so it has no pivot point. The front doesn't pivot or pull on the window except down. The rear one relies on the glue to hold the bracket horizontal and not pivot at the attach point but that creates a ton of shear/stress on the glue and it'll eventually fail. I'll post a pic of the little bolt solution whenever I can find a set of small bolts locally and install them. For right now my E6000 glue is curing. Its a 24 hour cure time but the tube says up to 72 hours for full strength bond so I'm going to let it sit for a week to be sure.

· Registered
me a 28 Ford pu project, 57 Ford Custom 4 dr, son 99 Mustang, 89 Mustang, Granddaughter 89 Ford
3 Posts
Hi, I'm new today to this group. I'm working on my son's 99 Mustang and trying to fix his drivers side glass. interesting reading what some of you have tried. CJ Pony recommends 3m Windo-Weld 08609. But I like what I'm reading about what Jazzer said. I will admit I would like to see your picture which is not available now. I have an idea where you are talking but do not what to interfere with the slides. if you could repost or send mt a picture it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

· Registered
me a 28 Ford pu project, 57 Ford Custom 4 dr, son 99 Mustang, 89 Mustang, Granddaughter 89 Ford
3 Posts
Hi, I'm new today to this group. I'm working on my son's 99 Mustang and trying to fix his drivers side glass. interesting reading what some of you have tried. CJ Pony recommends 3m Windo-Weld 08609. But I like what I'm reading about what Jazzer said. I will admit I would like to see your picture which is not available now. I have an idea where you are talking but do not what to interfere with the slides. if you could repost or send mt a picture it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Repaired the drivers side door window. Using 3/8 x 1/8 flat stock I made a bar that went from the rear mount to the front mount and drilled 4 holes using the existing holes as my template. Using 8-32 x 5/16 long with nylon locking nuts I bolted it in place. I also drilled a hole through the mounting channel through the rear mount for the same type of screw. I used 14 x 3/8 bolt and nylon locking nuts to fasten the window to the track channel. I did use the E6000 glue but taped the ends at the glass as it is very liquid to prevent it from flowing out. I also let in set up for 72 hours because the shop was at between 50 & 60 at night. So far so good.

· Registered
3 Posts
Repaired the drivers side door window. Using 3/8 x 1/8 flat stock I made a bar that went from the rear mount to the front mount and drilled 4 holes using the existing holes as my template. Using 8-32 x 5/16 long with nylon locking nuts I bolted it in place. I also drilled a hole through the mounting channel through the rear mount for the same type of screw. I used 14 x 3/8 bolt and nylon locking nuts to fasten the window to the track channel. I did use the E6000 glue but taped the ends at the glass as it is very liquid to prevent it from flowing out. I also let in set up for 72 hours because the shop was at between 50 & 60 at night. So far so good.
I used a 1/4 x 3/8 bolt. didn't notice I forgot /.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts