Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this has been asked 1000000 times. But Im a newb with stereo stuff, so if you could help me out Id appreciate it. This is for a Mach 460

I got a Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD, heres the link

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...a=X&ei=t0HZUOWgJ-qw0AHHxoDIBQ&ved=0CFAQ8wIwAA

What harness do I need? And do I need one of those install kits? If you could link the correct harness from Best Buy or whatever so I can pick it up. Id like to install this this weekend. So if you could send me some links on a harness thats "cheap" and works fine, and if I need an install kit.

Thanks! And merry Christmas!

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man, reps.

So alls I need is that harness? No mounting kit needed?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And god damn, have to solder all those wires? Im suprised they dont just make a plug your factory harness into this harness, then this harness into your new head unit.

Anyone have a link to one that I could get at bestbuy? Ill order that if I have to, I just wanted to have it by Friday so I could install it during the weekend

·
Poo tee weet?
2,646 Posts
And god damn, have to solder all those wires? Im suprised they dont just make a plug your factory harness into this harness, then this harness into your new head unit.

Anyone have a link to one that I could get at bestbuy? Ill order that if I have to, I just wanted to have it by Friday so I could install it during the weekend
You don't have to soldier them since it's a dry enviroment. You want wire connectors and a crimper like this kinda.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Id feel better soldering it. Im against crimps or wire ties

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
soldering is way more work than necessary. Twist the wires together and cap them off, more than enough! :)

Does the best buy around you have the area where they do car stero installs in store? If so they should have the harness you need. Ive walked in that shop a few times and purchased parts for various installs

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

·
K1w1
941 Posts
X2 solder + heat shrink tube = peace of mind
Absolutely +1

I got the Crutchfield kits when I installed my DDin Pioneer and they worked great. Took an hour or so start to finish.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys! Yes, definitely soldering and shrink tubing.

Can anyone answer this for me, do I need a mounting kit with a double din? Or no?

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
I would guess so, I needed one.
Crutchfield.com
If you wouldve ordered it from there, they would send you a harness, mountong kit and instructions.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^Did you get a double din? Or just a new deck?

It was a Christmas gift.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a double din pioneer but it sounds like it's only getting treble, there is 0 mids or bass coming through the speakers. What harness do you need to tie into the mach sound system so that you can utilize the amp and bass?

03 GT

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^ that's what I'm trying to figure out. I wanted to get one at best buy so I can start the install rather then have to wait for shipping.

What mounting kit did you use man? I'm assuming one from best buy would work fine

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for moving this to a pretty much dead section!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Honestly if you haven't bought it yet get it from crutchfield, waiting for the shipping may suck but at least you will have everything. If you do get it from best buy you will need an antenna adapter, wiring harness and a mounting kit

Antenna Adapter
Wiring Harness
Mounting Kit

Reactions: Shaun13GT/CS

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks a lot dude! That's exactly what I needed! Reps for you.

And I already got the head unit. It was a Christmas gift that's why

1 - 20 of 28 Posts