Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to sound weird to some people but maybe not so weird to a few others. I noticed a few months back that when Im typing the word "the" often gets typed twice. Even when I make a conscious effort not to the word 'the" sometimes appears twice in my writings. I dont think Im saying "the the" in my mind but its happening alot. At least once a day. I do type a ton for work and thankfully spell checker snags it. Sometimes its other words too but mostly the word "the"

Anyone else notice this? I wonder what it means. It must be the way my brain translates spoken thought into typed words IDK. Any theories????

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I think it's because you're doing three things at the same time: thinking, typing, and reading. I type the same word twice sometimes, but mostly I'll leave out a word because as I'm typing it, I'm speaking it in my head and it's making me think I've already typed a word.

Idk, lol.

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
I'd say something distracted your mind and you knew the was where you left off but thought it was the next word.

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
It's like when you're in the shower and you remembered something, but because you don't have a note board in your shower, what happened in the shower, stays in the shower, because when you leave the shower, you forget it again.

Note to self, get a water proof note board in the shower.

Holy crap they do have them lol

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,797 Posts
I think it's because you're doing three things at the same time: thinking, typing, and reading. I type the same word twice sometimes, but mostly I'll leave out a word because as I'm typing it, I'm speaking it in my head and it's making me think I've already typed a word.

Idk, lol.
This^ I skip words when typing sometimes because I say it in my mind and I guess I just assume I already typed it or something. When I type a word twice it's usually because I paused for whatever reason, then continued typing usually with the last word typed for some reason.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The human brain is a mystery.

What happens in the shower stays in the shower! Unless its pee then it gos down the drain. Which by the way, I pee in the shower every single day. I get strange satisfaction from standing in the door and trying to make my stream hit the strainer (nothing but net kind of thing). Its like a 4 foot shot from the door to the drain. I swear, I will make a competition out of anything with myself. I actually get down on myself when I miss and feel like a beast when I get it!

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
i what you mean 44. sometimes i forget type the the words i meant to say and sometimes i double type words. the the phenomena very real

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
The human brain is a mystery.

What happens in the shower stays in the shower! Unless its pee then it gos down the drain. Which by the way, I pee in the shower every single day. I get strange satisfaction from standing in the door and trying to make my stream hit the strainer (nothing but net kind of thing). Its like a 4 foot shot from the door to the drain. I swear, I will make a competition out of anything with myself. I actually get down on myself when I miss and feel like a beast when I get it!
You must not have pee traps in your showers or that would wreak of piss.

Lol get it? Pee traps. But seriously, the stench, would be great

·
Registered
460 Posts
Do you have any sort of stutter or issue with public speaking? Not that you can't speak, but sometimes trip over words, particularly that one? I read somewhere once that people with those issues, as well as dyslexia, will type how they speak. It sounds right in their head, but when you look on paper, it's not. It's pretty interesting

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you have any sort of stutter or issue with public speaking? Not that you can't speak, but sometimes trip over words, particularly that one? I read somewhere once that people with those issues, as well as dyslexia, will type how they speak. It sounds right in their head, but when you look on paper, it's not. It's pretty interesting

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I dont stutter at all and speak in front of crowds and strangers every single stinking day unfortunately. Maybe my brain splits up the sentence at the word "the" when Im typing fast and I start the second part with the as well. Its just strange and I cant figure it out. If it happened once fine...but its common to catch myself doing it.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Ive caught myself typing out teh instead of the every now and then. You think of a word and you can picture it and spell it out in your head, but your fingers get ahead of themeslves and leave the mind behind and stumbles to catch up. With me its usually a 3 letter word (the, and, can...) but can happen with just about anything typed at anytime. Or it gets typed twice. Ive caught myself doing that from time to time as well. I caught myself typing myself twice typing this lol. The other day i caught myself typing rememember. I call it the the Max Headroom effect. Sometimes it happens twice.

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
"That" is also an over utilized word. No bueno in reports. IE "....the subject stated THAT...." Instead of "....the subject stated he was in the bathroom taking a huge record setting dump."

1 - 19 of 19 Posts