Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
some one recomended them in another forum, they seem to have good prices on cams

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
I ordered electric fans, cams, starters(Which I have to do soon) and several others parts from them. They are great!

Order your free magazine from them you will not be disapointed and I think there "handling" is cheaper than jegs ans summit but there shipping is free.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what about their crate engines....seem really low priced...would i be getting what i pay for? or is it just a really good deal?

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
I'm not gonna lie to you on that. It takes me 6 months to finally get money to do a cam so let alone a crate engine (and I want a turbo so damn bad too).

But I've ordered "cheap" parts and never had a problem. I just all of there stuff. Just don't order Cyberdyne speedos and tachs, they suck 99" dicks. But everything else I trust.

If you're thinking about a crate engine and seems you may in the budget for one, just take what you have, to a shop[, bore it out to whatever and get nice stuff for it. You can make 302's to bad ass wonders.

·
Registered
837 Posts
My friend just got a Chevy 505 from them for his Chevelle. It's a 454 with a bigger crank. He says they did a really good job on it.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
My friend just got a Chevy 505 from them for his Chevelle. It's a 454 with a bigger crank. He says they did a really good job on it.
its not just''a bigger crank'' its a 505 stroker.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Ok that's good on the chevy, this man has a ford so changing it up a lil. Go get a 460 big block, Order a jegs magazine and get the 460 big block swap kit which will have everything you need. It's just under $1,100 bucks so see'ing you want a crate, you have over 4k to spare so lets move on...

Take that 460 over to that guys shop he said or a good shop you know(Not a dealership) and have them bore that ****er out .40 over. .30 aint much but .60 you mind as well get rid of your tags and call it a full bracket racer so... After you bored it out, go get your heads ported of better yet, lay those in the garage and smack you a pair of AFR's or Brodix heads and have them ported on both E/I sides. Don't massivly port the intake side if you want to sit at a light without loading up.

Richmond 6 speed tranny, fidanza driveshaft, 9" ford rear with Richmond posi or Strange Posi units. Comp cam, barry Grant 750 or 850 carb. Forged Keith Black pistons, lighter flywheel. You'll be moving man.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Ok that's good on the chevy, this man has a ford so changing it up a lil. Go get a 460 big block, Order a jegs magazine and get the 460 big block swap kit which will have everything you need. It's just under $1,100 bucks so see'ing you want a crate, you have over 4k to spare so lets move on...

Take that 460 over to that guys shop he said or a good shop you know(Not a dealership) and have them bore that ****er out .40 over. .30 aint much but .60 you mind as well get rid of your tags and call it a full bracket racer so... After you bored it out, go get your heads ported of better yet, lay those in the garage and smack you a pair of AFR's or Brodix heads and have them ported on both E/I sides. Don't massivly port the intake side if you want to sit at a light without loading up.

Richmond 6 speed tranny, fidanza driveshaft, 9" ford rear with Richmond posi or Strange Posi units. Comp cam, barry Grant 750 or 850 carb. Forged Keith Black pistons, lighter flywheel. You'll be moving man.
:no I dont know what to say.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea im actually looking toward that right now.....Teal89 you think i can get all of that and a bag of potato chips for under 8-9k?

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
yea im actually looking toward that right now.....Teal89 you think i can get all of that and a bag of potato chips for under 8-9k?

Yes, beleive it or not but I know by my old buiddy old pal and craigslisting all day everyday, that you can build that up under 8-9k

Now The motor itself I wasn't reffering to getting a crate, you can find one off of craigslist or ebay or something. But I am absolutly positive you can build all of that for under 8k... and still get potato chips WITH TOSTITOS NACHO DIP!!!

I will respond back in a second with a parts list if you decide to go that route and you will see. I'm not gonna be cheapy on it eithier. I will post some quality parts on here in a sec. Right now, a totino's pizza is calling me.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks a lot man.....hey im in a rec center in iraq right now so if i dont respond in a while i got kicked off and ill be back on shortly....theres 5 computers for 2 companies.....oorah marine corps...

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Here's a list, the first one is just a throw in for average cost...

460 BBF and C6 tranny - $550.00 (Craigslist)

Everything else is jegs.com

460 Performer Heads - $1,839.98
Comp Magnum Cam - 249-CL34-331-4 - $212.99
Eagle Rods Bushed - 356-SIR6605B | 6.605" - $369.99
Weiand Stealth Manifold - $202.99
Quickfuel Q Series Carb -850cfm Kit = $713.99
TKO500/600 Tranny - $1975.99 (I don't know if it works with BB or not, just a throw in)
AuburnGear Diffy - For 57-85 9" = $476.99 (For 28 or 31 spline)

$6342.92 + $11.95 "Handling" from jegs

Now it could have been much cheaper had I take away the tko tranny but you wanted to know and it's under. I couldn't find a driveshaft but I know it's on the mustangs section on the jegs magizine.

Ok, that's what I have for the most of it (Engine, Tranny, Rear End) just an average, I know I should have gone through the bolts flywheel and all the other stuff but hey you wanted to see if the major part can be under what you say so there it is...

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Did this ever get done? I am highly curious LOL.... I had to post on the old thing and see haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts