Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
I hear they are not.... Dagostino Racing, I believe was just advertising a sale on MAC stuff because they just got a buttload of new stuff in.

Might want to ask Rich though too... I believe his prices may be a tad better...

Edit: Indeed, Rich has the ceramic coated ones for $30 cheaper.

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
get Kooks!

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MACs still backordered forever?
I hear they are not.... Dagostino Racing, I believe was just advertising a sale on MAC stuff because they just got a buttload of new stuff in.

Might want to ask Rich though too... I believe his prices may be a tad better...

Edit: Indeed, Rich has the ceramic coated ones for $30 cheaper.
are MACs good though? i mean, in my experience as a consumer, the cheaper stuff is usually of lower quality.

get Kooks!
i'd like to get kooks but my limit is ~$900 for LTs and an o/r X

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
BBK LT + O/R X is only $749 at Brenspeed. And from looking at them last night, they're very good quality

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I think there doug thorley headers? Doug thorley has been around for a long time and makes some of the best headers out there. I have no experience with them but they have a great name(or did anyway).

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I think there doug thorley headers? Doug thorley has been around for a long time and makes some of the best headers out there. I have no experience with them but they have a great name(or did anyway).

maybe its doug herbert.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Could be Donald Trump headers and I'd take a pass. The tough job that is already ahead of one doing a header job is enough to not jump on board with every new header manufacturer out there.

Obviously he's not known enough in the s197 world yet to make spending 4-5 hours under the car only to find out they require tweaking to fit, worth anyones time.

There's plenty of tried and true, "known to fit headers" at a reasonable price that have been talked to death in these and other forums. I would simply pick from one of them and know your not going to have any hiccups.

If you do go purchase these anyway, then good luck and let us know how it goes. I'm always game for someone else to be the test mule, so I don't have to do any suffering in the future.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
what do you guys know about them. good? bad? decent? i've never heard of them but found some on stage 3 motorsports at a semi decent price.

Stage 3 Motorsports 2005-09 Mustang GT Dougs Long Tube Headers - Silver Ceramic Coated
On that same site they have a Pacesetter LT & mid-pipe combo which I purchased a while back. I upgraded the headers to ceramic coated ones and paid around $500 shipped. I like them and have had zero issues with them. Good fitment and no clearance issues. The only issue I had during install was the collector to mid-pipe slip fit joint needed to be hit with one of those exhuast pipe expanders. I don't think that is unusual for an exhuast install. It also means that it is a good snug fit and I have had no leaks from day 1. I used really good stepped band clamps too.

Some pics of the headers;
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2005/116041-pics-go-running-rich-thread.html

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Looks like the OP has a budget, like me. No, pacesetters are not the top of the line. Just letting you know what I paid and what I got. I'm happy with them.

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
Piss. I am on a budget as well, but i'm getting Kooks sometime in the somewhat near future....I save up for something nice because if i get something shitty i'll just end up taking it off, selling it for way less than what i paid, wasting my time, and getting what i wanted in the first place.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Piss. I am on a budget as well, but i'm getting Kooks sometime in the somewhat near future....I save up for something nice because if i get something shitty i'll just end up taking it off, selling it for way less than what i paid, wasting my time, and getting what i wanted in the first place.
Thats a great call right there:yes

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
They are indeed Doug Thorley headers. Doug Thorley has been around for almost 50 years making headers for street rods and custom applications. They make very good products, in fact Doug Thorley was the inventor of the tri-y header. They do a lot of R&D so if you do get these I dont think you will have much of a problem.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
are MACs good though? i mean, in my experience as a consumer, the cheaper stuff is usually of lower quality.

i'd like to get kooks but my limit is ~$900 for LTs and an o/r X

Seems like a contradiction? ;)

Mac is more time tested and battle proven then "Dougs". A lot of people on here are running MACS. So you have plenty of feedback. And a MAC o/r x will run you in the 700 range.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts