Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive been waiting about 5 weeks on my dr gas x pipe.. after several times calling and asking about my order they kept putting me off saying oh well its back order.. blah blah. then its ' oh we are drilling the holes for the o2's then its ready.. " then its.. " we are fitting the passanger side for the manifold.."

well today he called and told me straight up " sir we can't make the midpipe you requested, we make them in bundles and we just arent selling enough to make any so im going to suggest you find another company to order from because we can't do it anymore.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Losers. Thats why I always go with a company that makes exhaust all the time and has been doin it for awhile. I don't like to be a test mule unless i know ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wanted dr gas.. damnit.

he told me there are a few vendors which sell their x pipes but he couldnt tell me which ones.. i want one so bad. my next option is bassani but everywhere i look its going to take three weeks to get it shipped OUT

·
Registered
176 Posts
last time i looked at a DR gas setup all they did for the x was a pair of pipes cut in half then welded back together. they werent really cut in half either they had a rough sharp edge to them between the transfer. i wasnt impressed plus it isnt coming specifically for your car its coming in pieces for you to cut and weld to fit or that was the impression i got from the last kit i saw.

you are better off with a bassani setup. i have had them on 3 of my cars and no problems whatsoever. perfect fit and finish every time.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not to big on prochamber for my own car. personal opinion.

i cant seem to find a bassani x for my car under $300. they are all almost 400

and even at those prices they wont ship until the 20th.

and i liked dr gas for their sound. ive listened to tons of stock 4v's with bassani bx mufflers and dr gas x pipe and different mid pipes and dr gas has a sound that i like. bassani is right up there with it but they are twice as expensive.

if ne one wants to direct link me to a nice bassani o/r x for my car that would be great.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pm sent

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
did you try getting it through spintechmufflers.com? i know they carry Dr. Gas x pipes. also, i agree with the comment about how they sound. i have a Spintech catback w/ o/r Dr. Gas and it sounds great. of course, that's on my little 2V...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dont suppose you have any sound clips?

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
no, sorry. i'm working out of town right now, so i'm actually logged in on a company laptop. but i haven't gotten around to making a sound clip. i'll have one after i get home and my car is done (engine rebuild + long tubes and o/r Prochamber)...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i didnt see any dr gas mid pipes on spintechs website :(

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
i didnt see any dr gas mid pipes on spintechs website :(
hmm...
i just looked through the website. i guess they stopped carrying them. they used to have them on the site. but i haven't been to that site in a while...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
Good idea...

MPH is great to do business with...
i didn't see any heads on their site. that's gonna be my next big mod along with cams...

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
i didn't see any heads on their site. that's gonna be my next big mod along with cams...
I think you just have to call them for those...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts