Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which DR tire would be the best for hooking up and tread life? Also what is the largest size tire you can put in the back of an 05 without looking stupid and rubbing? any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
No DR does good with tread life, thats just part of having a soft tire... but the most mileage you'll get out of a DR will probably be a nitto NT555R... round 13-15k... but they arnt the best DR for hooking... the best hooking street legal DR would probably be a MT ET street or a Hoosier DR.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
for hooking up go M/T

for tread life go Nitto

for a happy medium M&H

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
^^^ what he said

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Also to answer your question on size...im running 325/45 r17 M&H's they are 28" x 12.4" but they run small and the tread is only 10.3" that is prolly all the tire you need cuz they are beefy as ****....

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I went with 40's but I would recommend 45 or 50's because the G-Force TA's I have look real small with the stockers on the front. But there is also a positive to the smaller tire is that it raises the gear ratio some without changing gears... I am going to end up with at least two sets of DR's and just figure out which size/brand fits my driving best.. My speedo in the car says I'm doing 45 when my nav system says I'm doing 41... I guess it will save me from some tickets if I don't think about it too much

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
I went with 40's but I would recommend 45 or 50's because the G-Force TA's I have look real small with the stockers on the front. But there is also a positive to the smaller tire is that it raises the gear ratio some without changing gears... I am going to end up with at least two sets of DR's and just figure out which size/brand fits my driving best.. My speedo in the car says I'm doing 45 when my nav system says I'm doing 41... I guess it will save me from some tickets if I don't think about it too much
It will also cuase your odometer to be off. but i guess if your drag racing it your not to worried about resale value :D

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
for hooking up go M/T

for tread life go Nitto

for a happy medium M&H
+1.
I use the M&H 325/45/17 as a street tire, although they're also excellent at the track, but I don't trust them on wet roads.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Just took these two pics for you.
If they stick out, it's not by much.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the shots steve! How's the car doin?

·
August 08 ROTM
865 Posts
Hey did anyone see the DR from goodyear they look sick
heres a pic of the new GoodYear SS DR...

heres a pic of the nitto 305/45/18 DR...

a pic of the M&H 275/50/17...

a pic of the new Mickey Thompson ETs 305/45/18...

·
August 08 ROTM
865 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
has anyone heard anything about the good DR? Are they only good in dry weather ? I know nittos are not the best DR for hooking up but they are the best out of the DR in all weather and last the longest.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
has anyone heard anything about the good DR? Are they only good in dry weather ? I know nittos are not the best DR for hooking up but they are the best out of the DR in all weather and last the longest.
I only have about 6,000 miles on mine and I try to avoid the rain at all costs, but I have been caught a couple of times and didn't have any problems :dunno
I really like the Nittos for the street. Mickey's are alot better at the track, but I wanted a fast street car with occasional runs at the track so I went for treadlife with a little compromise at the track.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
How's the car doin?
We're stuck on street tune right now. Not even sure if we'll go back to the track until we get at least 1 race tune on C16 and 16lbs boost.

Is that a new hood in the garage Steve??
That's the stock hood. To the right of it, on the ground is the stock spoiler, rearend and exhaust. Girlfriend gives me grief almost daily about all that stuff just lying around.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Girlfriend gives me grief almost daily about all that stuff just lying around.
I know exactly what you mean. I've got parts from my 98, 06, 71 C/10, and various other parts from friends cars

1 - 20 of 20 Posts