Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I wouldn't say it "crushed" it.

And not to sound like a chevy guy, but this vid actually hurts the mustang more than helps it. It bashes it for such a high sticker price and how its supercharged, yet barely beat the NA, much cheaper, SS.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I agree. From this vid the SS sounds so much better to buy. It is kind of crazy about the prices... What was ford thinking

another one with the Hennessey Camaro..

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I agree. From this vid the SS sounds so much better to buy. It is kind of crazy about the prices... What was ford thinking
i mean, i guess i could see how. Its a supercharged v8, at has the legendary gt500 name, its not supposed to be something everyone can own. Thats why they make the GT. Its just that the SS is such a damn good deal. 30k gets you 400+hp Camaro

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I meant they should have given the GT a little more balls...

Can you guess which one wins?

·
Banned
980 Posts
Lol.. People are going to like what they like. Straight up, I'd take the GT500 over the SS , and that is me, yes I am a ford guy, but some of my ford friends hate the camaro, I think it looks good and would not hesitate to cruise one/if it was given, but I would never buy one. I like the 98-02 SS's better anyways.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Lol.. People are going to like what they like. Straight up, I'd take the GT500 over the SS , and that is me, yes I am a ford guy, but some of my ford friends hate the camaro, I think it looks good and would not hesitate to cruise one/if it was given, but I would never buy one. I like the 98-02 SS's better anyways.
x10

I'm buying a 98-02 ss once im done with school

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the ss is like 20-30k less then the GT500.... I would GLADLY pay 30k less for a car thats ONE second slower. But I was talking about the SS vs GT, if you wanna compare the GT500 vs Camaro Hennessey... thats different

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Watching the video without sound, I was confused as to why they were racing the SS against the GT500.... should they race the GT versus the SS? I mean, of COURSE the GT500 should be faster - it's the top dog Mustang versus the base V8 Camaro.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They say the ford guys were getting mad at them racing the SS vs GT, because of the hp difference... so they just wanted to see what it would do against the GT500..

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
They say the ford guys were getting mad at them racing the SS vs GT, because of the hp difference
Waaah. Put up or shut up. What's Ford gonna do when the Z/28 comes out? Whine that it's not a fair comparison against the GT500, then stop making the Shelby (just like they did with the GT40 when the LS7 Z06s came out)?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well chevy came out with the Camaro Hennessey... whooops on it

·
Banned
980 Posts
Well chevy came out with the Camaro Hennessey... whooops on it
Chevy and Ford have been at it for years. Mustangs took camaros for a little, then camaros came back, then ford comes back.. it's a non stop fight. To me, there ain't nothing better than cruising a H,C,I banger fox with a blower !

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
12.8? Those boys must have forgotten how to drive.

Or MM&FF is full of ****.

Because they piloted a 2010 Shelby GT500 to an 11.9. On the street tires.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Somebody shoulda told them you can't dump the clutch at 5k rpm on a supercharged 5.4 L V8

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was hoping that those numbers were a little slow...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Waaah. Put up or shut up. What's Ford gonna do when the Z/28 comes out? Whine that it's not a fair comparison against the GT500, then stop making the Shelby (just like they did with the GT40 when the LS7 Z06s came out)?
More like IF the Z28 is coming out. I wouldn't bet on it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
the ss is like 20-30k less then the GT500.... I would GLADLY pay 30k less for a car thats ONE second slower. But I was talking about the SS vs GT, if you wanna compare the GT500 vs Camaro Hennessey... thats different
30k!?! Not quite, buddy. You guys seem to be forgetting what that 50k is getting you... namely a forged engine that can take 700+hp, stout as hell tranny, very dependable rear end and good overall fit and finish. How much $ does it cost to get the equivalent out of a regular GT? About the same as it would cost to buy a GT500 new.

Looks like Edmunds went with the Shelby over the Hennessey.

And MT can't drive for ****.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Am i the only one just sick and tired of this same ****ing 40 year year old boring argument where no one ever changes their mind. **** camaro's /thread

They can give them 900 hp from the factory for all i care, its ugly, its slow for its displacement and i cant wait to watch it get pwned on the road course by the s197s in grand am racing.

And i will run it motor to motor.

PS, the gt500 did crush that camaro. the camaro had a car on the gt500 and it came back around it to beat it by two car lenghts. So much for the insane top end of the LS engine.

Ford

Plus gt500s can be had for 42 that would do the same damage.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts