Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im going with M&H racemasters just don't know which size to go with hahaha

275/50 r17's ????

or

325/45r17's????

im thinking the 275's will be sufficient enough for a good sticky 3K launch don't you think??

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
yea 275's will hook up nicely

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thats what i was thinking cuz M&H's are sticky as hell and 325 would be kinda overboard...for the amount of power im putting down with my mods i think 275's will be nice im just looking for a tire that will hook at a 3K launch cuz i want to kiss my old 60 foot times bye bye

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
325 is going to be meaty as ****! They may be overkill, but they would look bad ass on the back of your pony! :D

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know thats what im thinkin and i know i could pull off a good 3K or 4K launch with those meaty bad boys hahaha its 100 extra dollars all together including rims and tires for the 325's over the 275's

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Seen many a supercharged cars on a 275 M&H get plenty of bite even on poorly prepped tracks with far more horsepower than your currently running.. The same holds true for the MT et streets.. Both are stellar tires..

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah its a 100 dollar difference full package i don't know what to do hahaha

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
save your money and get 275's... 325 is too much tire.. which is just more **** you have to lug to finish line. i see camaro's, vette's, cobra's..all kinda of 450+ hp runing those exact tire's at the track. buddie camaro cuts 1.6 60's with em...

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah exactly good call save weight and money hahaha

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that looks absolutely badass!!!

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Kinda look tucked with the lowering springs on there.. Slight rub right now, but he's got me putting prokit springs and Q1A adjustables on it. Shoulda been done by now.. but our weather is ****...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have the 275's and they hook up at 3.5k no probs. I also have a true trac which helps too. The M&Hs so Im told have a longer tread wear life span than the MTs which is important on my budget!

I think the 325's would stand out to much and over do the look:cool:

This is my first run of the year so very rusty, not a great video either; I smacked the chip in first and short shifted 3rd to 4th but still took down my mates meth HD F150 with a 1.8 60' and a 13.1 @ 104
Video of pod1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just keep in mind that M&H's tend to run smaller than a comparable Mickey Thompson.
Tread width of the M&H 275/50 is 8.8" whereas the comparable MT ET Street radial is 10.0"

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is true, but they still hook up and offer a 28" diameter, MTs are an inch shorter or less. Horses for courses I suppose
This is true. The OP will have to see how the taller tire will affect his gearing.
For me, I prefer the MT's over the M&H's as my 60's were better with them. Some folks have good success with M&H's, but seems everyone has success with MT's.
MT also has a 295/45/17 out that is 27.2" which would seem like a good option.
M&H's def. will give you the longer life though.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have the 275 M&H's in the garage waiting to be installed on my 17x10's. I was told that they do run small but at my HP level that should be fine. I was running the MT 275's last year and was able to pull off 5k launches on a track that was prepped ok.
I was told that the 17x10's might be too wide for the 275 M&H's. Any opinions? Sorry if I'm hijacking...

·
August 08 ROTM
865 Posts
I have the 275/50/17 M&H RaceMasters and they do run small. They compare to a Nitto 245 thread width. The pics Erin posted were actually of my car on the 305/45/18 Nitto DRs. Here are a couple of pics of the car with the M&H's. If I were to buy M&H's today, I would get the 325/45/17's which would compare to a Nitto 285 or 295 width.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
how do you like them though?? Do they hook really well?? How would you compare the 305 nittos to the 275 M&H's??

1 - 20 of 60 Posts