Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best drag radial? I am not way up in power, but up far enough to have traction issues. I need just alittle more than my Kuhmo's will provide, which they suck perty bad any way. Should I just get the same size that im running now, 255/45-18 or go to my old 17x8 wheels and do a equilivent size?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are what I had in mind. Another question, is it true if you have a stock car that a drag radial will slow you down? Mine has a intake, tune, gear, lca's, will it affect it on the top end?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
well theres more rolling resistance, thats a good question now that i thing about it.:confused:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My local track is only a 100yds., yea I know thats ridculous. My best time so far is 5.35, with 2.02 60ft. time.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
true

·
Registered
691 Posts
Im putting 275/40 nitto nt05r's on my stock 17x8's but that'll be for the track only :)

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
A track that is 300' long? What is that?!?...!!!????!!?

Who cares if it slows you down? You can't hook without them, and hooking will make you a lot faster.
Exactly. The mph might be slower but the ET will be faster.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I trapped faster with my Nitto NT555Rs. My improved 60 translated into a better ET and better MPH.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I run the 295/45R17 MT's on stock rims. To me the 275/40's are too short, just over 25" and look strange. The 295/45's are 27, very close to stock height.

·
I like when it's shiny.
1,768 Posts
I run the 295/45R17 MT's on stock rims. To me the 275/40's are too short, just over 25" and look strange. The 295/45's are 27, very close to stock height.
295s on the stock 8" rim? Dude that is way too big as Juco said.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The local track that is close is 100yds.. LOL, I know its super short, but where its located is all the room they have. They are Pro-Class cars hittin 100+ mph there, its a sight watchin some of them stop before they end up in the creek. Basically its a great place to practice your reaction time and holeshots. Kanawha Valley is about 2 hrs. away. Its 1/8 mile, going to hit that track in a couple weekends.

·
Registered
985 Posts
And their way to wide to be worth putting them on.
295s on the stock 8" rim? Dude that is way too big as Juco said.
You're right, I have them on 17x9's. I was thinking they were stock bullits but they aren't bought them aftermarket. I still think the 275/40's look goofy though.

It is my second set though and they work great.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I trapped faster with my Nitto NT555Rs. My improved 60 translated into a better ET and better MPH.
You're one of the few. Either way, drag radials and slicks are the way to go even if they generally reduce your MPH.

·
Registered
691 Posts
even if its a little shorter tire looks dont matter much to me on the track, im not putting them on to show off, i just want to trap the best 60' i can and im using what i got and i like what ive read about the nt05r's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts