Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there not a tire like Nitto or BFG G-Force that makes a street drag radial tire for the stock 17 inch rims. Its a 2005 with 235/55/17 on it.:mad:

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Do you want a sticky tire that you can daily drive? Or are you looking to only use these on the track with limited street use?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you want a sticky tire that you can daily drive? Or are you looking to only use these on the track with limited street use?
For the drag strip i'm gonna get the brenspeed take off rims and M/T et streets for 650 but i wanted a good tire for the street that gets better traction than the perilli pnero zero's

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
If you are going with a supercharger, then it will be a good idea to upgrade to wider rims and of course, a wider tire because there really aren't any tires that will have any traction that will fit on the stock 17x8 rim and still have good street manners.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are going with a supercharger, then it will be a good idea to upgrade to wider rims and of course, a wider tire because there really aren't any tires that will have any traction that will fit on the stock 17x8 rim and still have good street manners.
So what would be a good rim to move up too cause I'm getting a s/c

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Really any style that you like in a staggered setup.

I would recommend an 18x9 up front and 18x10 out back. The front width can vary some, but I would get the rears in at least 10 inches wide.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really any style that you like in a staggered setup.

I would recommend an 18x9 up front and 18x10 out back. The front width can vary some, but I would get the rears in at least 10 inches wide.
with those rims i could go 255/45/18 nitto 555r on front and 275/40/18 on the rear right?

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Do they make the same MT ET streets 275/40 for 18 " wheels?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts