Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every body tells me that it is a bad idea that to run nitto 555R radial on the road, and the same with the mickey's radials too........... would i be ok to run those on my car, for street use.. i don't use my car as every day

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I've had Mt et streets on and delivered pizzas for 2 years rain or shine. actually, at lower speeds they will hook crazy well when wet.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I have 11k and some change on a set and the tread is about 1/16 form the meaningless wear bars.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
My experience is when it is wet, no drag radial is safe. A friend of mine spun his car on the interstate because the rear of his car hydroplaned when he had MT ET streets on there!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
My experience is when it is wet, no drag radial is safe. A friend of mine spun his car on the interstate because the rear of his car hydroplaned when he had MT ET streets on there!!
Me too - you have to know the speed at which they'll begin hydroplaning and stay well under it. (finding that speed was freaking scary though)

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
For all around weather conditions... nittos... but for straight up performance go with mt's. But whith both tires, get new ones when your close to the wear bar or you will regret it.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Nittos and the smaller M/T drag radials have a ton of tread depth. The Nittos last forever because they are more of a street radial that is advertised as a drag radial. The M/Ts will wear faster because they are a softer tire. I'm sure you'll get more than 3000 miles out of them. I put more mile than that on a set of slicks in one trip and used them for the rest of the year after that.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Nittos and the smaller M/T drag radials have a ton of tread depth. The Nittos last forever because they are more of a street radial that is advertised as a drag radial. The M/Ts will wear faster because they are a softer tire. I'm sure you'll get more than 3000 miles out of them. I put more mile than that on a set of slicks in one trip and used them for the rest of the year after that.
Very true. I guess it all depends on how you drive on them. I've had Hoosier QT pros last well over 10k and the only reason I ditched them was dry rot.

When I said they are OK in the rain at low speeds I meant speeds below the hydroplane area(not on the highway), say, up to 45-50.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
personally i've seen nitto's 555rs and they suck..i wouldnt really do anything other than M/T or hoosier...

·
all motor
576 Posts
buy mt drag radials NOT ET streets. ET streets SUCK even on good conditions. A buddy fishtailed off the road up a curb cause of those. Theyhave to much play in the sidewalls and surprisingy they have a harder compound than the dr's. buy mt theyre better than hoosiers

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
The drag radials are softer compound because they have no sidewall flex to absorb shock. BTW, the sidewalls are a lot more stable when you put 25-30 PSI in them. Driving them on the street with 10-15 PSI is a nono.

BTW what drag radials are you sellin?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts