Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best suspension for racing... i dont care how it looks or how low it is... i just want the best weight transfer

·
Registered
468 Posts
drag springs will be awesome in straight line but forget about handling...plus they are bouncy as **** on the street

·
Registered
387 Posts
i have the eibach drag launch kit and i love them, ride great on the street but dont handle as well as stock or others.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Get some rear control arms and sticky tires, I wouldn't get drag springs unless you're only going to use the car for racing. I would get a nice street spring they will suffice, a street car. I highly reccomend a setup like I'm running. That is H&R sports springs, HPM Megabite Jr. upper and lower control arms and Nitto 555 Drag Radials. They should get you hooked. If you wanna cut weight hav you thought about a coilover swap and K member if will definately help out.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
coilover and k member are expensive for the gains... and i already have nittos.. im trying to do all the cheap stuff before i do a power adder... i just want somethin to help me hook a little better than i am... im thinkin about gettin some slicks...

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
They make them I think, but a 15" rear has that desirable sidewall. You know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Dump the Nitto's or suck forever:cool:

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
lol... so are you promoting slicks? lol
I like a 15" bias-ply D.O.T. tire like the M/T E.T. Street or the Hoosier Quick Time Pro. I've had 1.55 60's on the Hoosiers and drove to the track on them.

Edit: speaking of springs this is a good economical set-up that I use.

Fox-body 4cyl springs(NAPA #270-3060) up front w/ Lakewood 90/10 struts
Fox-body V8 rear springs (cut)
KYB AGX adjustable rear shocks
Airbag in RR spring

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Yes, I was promoting slicks, not for daily driving, but for when you are going for a cruise through the industrial park.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
Dump the Nitto's or suck forever:cool:
im running nittos with 305 rwhp and running faster than you on slicks. so they can def hook. there is a picture on here somewhere of my car liftin the wheels with nittos, so dont tell em they cant hook, you jsut have to know hwo to hook em. i launch em at 6500

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
i was running eibach drag springs, lakewood drag springs, adj uppers, and lowers, and on nittos ove cut 1.70 60 foot and ive neve rran on slicks but i would expect launching at 7000 on the sauce, it would go mid 1.40s

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i figured that but they really gonna make that much of difference? drgn you think a stock gt with axles, and full drag suspension with slicks go 12s or low 13s?

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
baselinesuspensions.com this will help point you in the right direction....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts