Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know drag springs hurt your 1/4 mile time, but i just wanted the looks. I was wondering if drag struts would still help with weight transfer. Im looking at lakewood 90/10s. also do i go with fox or new edge ones? I have h&r super shorts with isos removed.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
If you want your car lowered but still care about your 60ft look into relocated upper control arms like the ones sold by baseline or team Z. The relocated uppers change your suspension geometry and will help compensate for the lowered ride. Also, if you are lowered by enough to worry about it go with fox struts.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
If you want your car lowered but still care about your 60ft look into relocated upper control arms like the ones sold by baseline or team Z. The relocated uppers change your suspension geometry and will help compensate for the lowered ride. Also, if you are lowered by enough to worry about it go with fox struts.
it's actually the other way around, with lowering springs you'll need to lower the rear mounting point of the lower control arms to try & compensate for the springs because for the suspension to work properly on these cars the lower control arm needs to be parelell to the ground or lower in the rear, a lowering spring will raise the rear mounting point.

as to the struts, save you money, the springs are killing you right now & you wouln't be able to band-aid them with struts/shocks.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
it's actually the other way around, with lowering springs you'll need to lower the rear mounting point of the lower control arms to try & compensate for the springs because for the suspension to work properly on these cars the lower control arm needs to be parelell to the ground or lower in the rear, a lowering spring will raise the rear mounting point.

as to the struts, save you money, the springs are killing you right now & you wouln't be able to band-aid them with struts/shocks.
You are right I was backwards, relocated uppers would probably make the ic sit way too low. There isn't a lot of options though for relocated lowers. Its hard to picture the fix being cheap and decent to drive on. The che brace with different mount points for the lowers is nice but kind of pricey and you still need LCAs, and I have read complaints about the lakewood LCAs when used on a DD. Could just ditch the 4 link for the tq arm and whatnot but that really doesn't really seem appropriate. What else is there for a decent option?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
If set up right i believe you can have a great launching car and still be low, JAYC's front is kinda low and Trevor T Sprinks silver car was slammed just like mine

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
It hooks twice as good after my suspension build than it did before with the same tires before and after.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
If set up right i believe you can have a great launching car and still be low, JAYC's front is kinda low and Trevor T Sprinks silver car was slammed just like mine

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
It hooks twice as good after my suspension build than it did before with the same tires before and after.
Traver had coil overs, totally different than stock suspension style. JayC was running fox springs which are way better than a lowering spring but is now running coil overs

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I also have coil overs

Edit: Your talking to the OP, yes properly setup as in Coil Overs NOT springs. Springs+lowered=SLOW lol

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Dave, what brand of coil overs do you have?

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'm sure one day I will switch to a tubular front end with coil overs, but for now I have eibach sportlines in the front and stock springs in the rear. (lowered springs in the back made it sit too low with the custom sub box back there). Now I pulled all that stuff out and it sits low up front and high in the back. I'm waiting to see how good it is going to squat from a launch. On the street, it really transfers weight good.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Dave, what brand of coil overs do you have?
Just about full UPR suspension with Strange struts n shocks
So do I. I find that when I take mine down as low as yours sits, that little piece that protrudes down from the top center of the drivers side inner fender well, the tire rubs pretty bad when I turn. It also bottoms out when I go over bumps. Dave, chime in on my thread I just posted so we can talk about it there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts