Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stang's in the shop as we speak, gonna pick it up tomorrow, went with hi-flo custom exhaust in manassas va, quoted me at 300 total. i brought in my mufflers ($73 shipped from jegs, bringing it to $373 total). Will hopefully have a video up tomorrow.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thats the video I used as my exhaust base! Thrush welds are amazing value, can't wait to hear the sound!

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
you have a video? and what setup?
Just a poor quality video taken on a camera phone in a garage with the phone in a bad position (no cameraman ftl). It's on page 2 of the exhaust sticky but I don't think I got any of the popping/gurgling in the video. The setup is the stock y pipe fabbed into an h pipe (all cats still on), Flowmaster 40s, and 3.5" tips. Eventually I'd like to change it up to Mac LTs, o/r h pipe (or prochamber), and stick with the Flowmasters.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
i like thrushs...but if i'd of never heard them in person that vid would make me not want them

·
Registered
730 Posts
i like thrushs...but if i'd of never heard them in person that vid would make me not want them
I see what you did there.... lol

300 total for what specifically... i was jut quoted 600 for a full catback exhaust with mufflers (flowmaster) and tips

im not going to do it because im getting longtubes but i got the quote for S&G they wont even work on the car without the cats.

bastards wont touch anything if it dont got a pussy on it lol

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
I see what you did there.... lol

300 total for what specifically... i was jut quoted 600 for a full catback exhaust with mufflers (flowmaster) and tips

im not going to do it because im getting longtubes but i got the quote for S&G they wont even work on the car without the cats.

bastards wont touch anything if it dont got a pussy on it lol
that $600 better include SS 2.5" tubing that's mandrel bent lol, and a new midpipe

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
I took this vid a couple days ago at my job's basement parking... The location kinda makes the sound somewhat messed up, I guess the echoing since it's underground... Lol I didn't even realize that it's still making that popping sound after about 4-5 months of having it...:dunno

It's lower cats delete, GT H, flow orig 40s, GT tail pipes... I believe they're 2.25 tubing...

Taken with my iPhone.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd378/Torchredmustang/092d8f6d.mp4

·
Registered
730 Posts
it was 600 for stainless 2.5 from the converter to the tips and mandrel bent yes with flowmaster 40's. with like 30 somethin inch slant cut chrome tips :D but like i said im not doin it since they wont touch it with the longtubes im planning on

as far as price is concerned it may be on the high side but they are an extremly reputable shop... (only one for like 100 miles) lol

when i get back home in florida ill see what the shop down there quotes me ( and i know they will do it with the O/R set up :D but yeah based on my quote id say 300 is a steal for what you got :rockon

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
it was 600 for stainless 2.5 from the converter to the tips and mandrel bent yes with flowmaster 40's. with like 30 somethin inch slant cut chrome tips :D but like i said im not doin it since they wont touch it with the longtubes im planning on

as far as price is concerned it may be on the high side but they are an extremly reputable shop... (only one for like 100 miles) lol

when i get back home in florida ill see what the shop down there quotes me ( and i know they will do it with the O/R set up :D but yeah based on my quote id say 300 is a steal for what you got :rockon
this is what my friend gave me for free lol...i get paid tomarrow...soooo next day off work it's getting installed. shop told me $30-50 for the install...the reason why they can't give me an exact is that they don't know what they'll need to fab to fit it to my prochamber since the prochamber was cut to fit my v6...still i can't complain with the overall price of my exhaust

-prochamber ($30 used)
-2.5" SS mandrel bent tubing (free)
-flowmaster 40 series (used for less then 1000 miles) (free)
-hangers & install ($30-50)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts