Discussion Starter #1

Buying it next week.

Brother ran over some of my tools pulling out of the garage. FML

Anyone own one?

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol my Gilmore foam gun, da, flatted my hose( it's craftsman so that's not too bad) lol and busted some AtoZ tire cleaner all over my garage wall...

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Lol my Gilmore foam gun, da, flatted my hose( it's craftsman so that's not too bad) lol and busted some AtoZ tire cleaner all over my garage wall...
Holy crap man. . . That's a lot of money just gone. . . He helping ya out with replacin it or what? Ugh that sucks. . .:computer:

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
I just watched the video. . . Why is he using so much freakin product. . . Holy crap. Also the results were not stunning if i'm honest.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I feel it might come out more stunning than the tears I'm using now... Lol I guess I'll try the new version the pc 7424... What is it the xp? Or a dewalt 443 lol

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
I feel it might come out more stunning than the tears I'm using now... Lol I guess I'll try the new version the pc 7424... What is it the xp? Or a dewalt 443 lol
Why buy the PC when you can get a lifetime warranty and more torque with a GG DA v3 ;)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
DD is the best place to pick it up. PLus you get 10% with the code "mustang". They are a sponsor so send them some love.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy crap man. . . That's a lot of money just gone. . . He helping ya out with replacin it or what? Ugh that sucks. . .:computer:

Normally he would of replaced everything, but hes planning a wedding and needs everything he can get. He didn't do it on purpose. Really I have a bad habit of setting things down instead of putting things up during a detail Learned my lesson.:facepalm:

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sigh, I have heard so much about GG, DA. Im glad I joined these forums, becuase I really thought I knew at least a little. I guess since DD is a sponsor i'll probably get the GG DA. I have just never heard of Griots Garage as far as power tools go, like I know PC or Dewalt. You guys swear by them so lets see how it works.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
honestly I would just get this over that drill
6" Variable Speed Dual Action Polisher
from what i read its not that bad of a unit. Basically same thing as a PC7424

if you want a name brand DA..I personally would ONLY buy the Griots unit. The megs unit is sooo overpriced and the PC I feel is underpowered. I wanted to throw mine against a wall but the Griots has double the power to keep the pad spinning. 750w vs 450 and 7.4amp vs 4.5

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
honestly I would just get this over that drill
6" Variable Speed Dual Action Polisher
from what i read its not that bad of a unit. Basically same thing as a PC7424
I tried a harbor freight 3/8 air ratchet, that literally blew up on my first go, its been a few years since I have been back. Maybe its time for a second chance?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Jesus I just watched the video. I didnt realize how small the pads are you use with that thing..it would take FOREVER to do a whole car. Id pass on that thing for sure

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I think you should pick up my 7424xp :yes. Not going to get a better deal than what I qouted you shipped.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think you should pick up my 7424xp :yes. Not going to get a better deal than what I qouted you shipped.
Thats what I was thinking too lol

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so many options heh

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
so many options heh
I don't think there is a person on this forum that would buy a DA rather than the GG 6" right now (due to experience) that was anywhere near the same price.

For the money what you are getting IMO is just ridiculous. You can't not feel safe when there is a lifetime warranty on a product. . . I've dropped mine twice now and she's still purring right along, lol.

I have heard a lot of excitement over Rupes DA but it's 350-450 dollars.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts